What's really involved with 37s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37" fit with minor trimming - First Gen -, IMG_4829.JPG IMG_4835.JPG bending in front & back with stock offset wheels. I filled the small gap with black RTV to help keep salt & mud out
IMG_4811.JPG IMG_4852.JPG

The rear is tight - I haven't figured out what to do with the rear clearance yet - makes a good mud scraper on the front of the fender.
I don't have a true 37 but BFG KO2s

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahahah

OP:I want to run 37s i like the look.
FRF: spend $25k and you can run them.

lol i love these posts.
Did you read the part where if you just like getting groceries it can be done with minimal expense and work?

lol i love when people can't read

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you read the part where if you just like getting groceries it can be done with minimal expense and work?

lol i love when people can't read
Yes i did read that, an i was pointing out the humor behind the options of spending $20 for saw blades or the far opposite end of the spectrum of spending $25k for a full build out. Poking fun at how there is no middle option.

King Paul II

Reaction score
I have 37s 0 offset wheels trimmed a little but not much. Never had any problems. Just with eibach springs upfront.

CenCstRptr

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am curious as well, just received my new springs. KID—shows pushing back on the pinch welds, and I believe SVC does a trim/push back on the pinch welds as well to fit 37s. Getting into the pinch welds is definitely more than I want to get into.

RADvelociRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea the pinch welds is where I might draw the line!

@King Paul II appreciate the detailed pics brother! You are on stock suspension still?

I’ve got eibachs and icon +1 about to go in to hopefully minimize the trimming and level the truck

Lags

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37” BFGs on 17” x 8.5” x 0 offset Method NVs, I romped mine (prior to selling) and I never had a problem. Baja, Glamis, High Sierras, etc. never an issue no rub at full lock anywhere.

However... I did have Deaver +3HD rear springs, and FOX 3.0 DSC front and rear shock upgrades. $8,000 total. The fronts were up 1”. I bottomed out a few times when fully tucking the tires into the wheel wells but nothing serious happened, just some scuff marks in the plastics.

The 37” tires were amazing and looked badass, but... not necessary by any means. Everything I put my Raptor through could have easily been accomplished with better 35” tires. Toyo RT or perhaps Nitro Ridge Graps.

King Paul II

Reaction score
I just have the eibach springs the rear is stock. I stop at the pinch then trimmed a little of the plastic then heated it up and bent it into the fender. I’ve seen a lot of hack jobs just take your time it didn’t take to long