What's really involved with 37s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel Worm

Reaction score
Found this Raptor in the Custom Offsets gallery. Specs say 37x13.5s on 17x9 +1 Fuel Rebels. 2.5 SST ReadyLift level. This thing looks mean, but what does fitting a 37x13.5 really entail? Very few people include any images of the inner wheel wells, so I thought I'd ask here. Not in the mood to cut into a perfectly good fender.

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/w...150-fuel-rebel-readylift-suspension-lift-25in

973441-1-2018-f-150-ford-readylift-suspension-lift-25in-fuel-rebel-bronze.jpg

973441-4-2018-f-150-ford-readylift-suspension-lift-25in-fuel-rebel-bronze.jpg

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37 x 12.5 x 17 are a lot easier and require no trimming with factory wheels and the level you described. You would also need a 1" block in back so it doesn't look nose-high.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
watch youtube, keep it dirty 37s, detailed problems,
sledgehammer, sawsall.....

Yeah...watching these guys, and all they went through to get the 37's to fit correctly, and now to see all the steering issues he is having.....no way I would do 37's.

KID has a lot of experience and has done everything right, and he still is having way too many isses.

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...watching these guys, and all they went through to get the 37's to fit correctly, and now to see all the steering issues he is having.....no way I would do 37's.

KID has a lot of experience and has done everything right, and he still is having way too many isses.

He's having a lot of issues, sure, but to be fair to the truck, he also hammers the shit outta that thing. You can say whatever you want about the Raptor and what it was built to take but I promise you that no "general production" vehicle is going to ever be built to take that kind of abuse over and over.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have watched his videos about 37 and what all he has gone through. The time and money spent to try and fit the 37s, he could have already bought some fenders that would work.
I have 37s and don't beat on mine like he does but will eventually have some fenders so I can do that if I want too.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the needs for 37's, if I did, I would send it to SVC and go with a true mid travel setup with new fenders in the front and through the bed with bedsides in the rear. For what I do, 35's and Fox factory will work just fine. Seem like without big upgrades 37's are a nightmare if you put the wheel through any real travel or articulation. If you roll through starbucks and have to run over a curb for "offroading" then you can make 37's work fine with minimal changes

Last edited:

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37s with close to stock offset wheels are no problem. Its an easy trim of some plastic. I drove around on the OEM setup with 37s for some time and never had any issues

scary gary

Reaction score
I’m running 37s. I first prying out the plastic foam filled things. I then took a sawzall and cut off wheel to the body seam. There’s 2 bolts under the front finder. I cut up between the bolts cutting the front one off. I then beat the hole that was left closed and sealed it with weather sealant. Front end clears no problem. The back is all stock and slightly rubs at bump. Wheels set also plays a big part. I’m on methods with 0 offset.
Pic of the cut finder wheel is my brothers but did the same to mine. Just no pic to show.

6A13D46B-B7E0-4355-9DB1-5C86EB0EB3A8.jpeg

BDFC2478-08DF-40C2-A0B8-103B967F85B5.jpeg

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have the needs for 37's, if I did, I would send it to SVC and go with a true mid travel setup with new fenders in the front and through the bed with bedsides in the rear. For what I do, 35's and Fox factory will work just fine. Seem like without big upgrades 37's are a nightmare if you put the wheel through any real travel or articulation. If you roll through starbucks and have to run over a curb for "offroading" then you can make 37's work fine with minimal changes
hahahah

OP:I want to run 37s i like the look.
FRF: spend $25k and you can run them.

lol i love these posts.