Whats needed to take my 2012 headlight to OEM 2014 HID's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deckmaster

Reaction score
If you are going 100% OEM for the headlight assemblies you will need a relay kit to provide power to the ballasts something like the Morimoto Kit. This will allow you to power the system and control it correctly.

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you apply dielectric grease to all the plugs. Most importantly the plug that attaches the TRS Harness to the factory passenger side headlight plug. The seal that comes one the TRS isn't the best and allows moisture to enter the plug causing it to corrode. I would suggest dielectric grease and either wrap it with electrical tape after or put heat shrink around it.

This issue is a very well documented problem so take the few extra steps now to avoid issues down the road!

Wayne

oldfoggy

Reaction score
Raptor Retrofit . . . got it 'years ago' . . . the only problem I had was aiming the new lights so as not to blind. The installation is well documented and the whole process was well under an hour. They do, in fact have higher output than the 'stock' 13/14 ford OEM units. Look at their site and look at the options. It's terrific. I had a 2010 and now have a 2014 that I WILL upgrade to the newer more powerful system they provide.