What's it worth? '14 Screw w/ 56k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMIB99

Reaction score
Hello all. Thinking about going to look at a 14' screw Raptor. The dealership just took it in. I only live an hour away so I don't mind taking a ride to take a look. Its fully loaded, white exterior and blue accented interior with OEM beadlocks. The milage is about 56k. The only thing I want that is missing is the blue exterior, but I think I can live with the white. The asking price is $39,995.

https://www.jonathanmotorcars.com/2014-ford-f-150-svt-raptor-c-983.htm

I looked at the CarFax and this truck has had 3 owners and spent time in Quebec, Ohio, Connecticut and Pennsylvania. Pictures look clean and the only rust I can see is on the hitch. Also looks like it has a leveling kit. The seats seem a bit worn, as well, for 56k miles.

I met the owner of the dealership about 6 months ago and he seems to be a pretty stand up guy. It's a family business that's willing to make a fair deal; but it's still a business.

I'll make sure to check out all the usual spots to ensure this thing hasn't been totally beaten to hell...bump stops, skid plates, bed gap, corner panels, fuse 27, etc. If it all checks out, what would be a fair out-the-door number?

GLOCK26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Thinking about going to look at a 14' screw Raptor. The dealership just took it in. I only live an hour away so I don't mind taking a ride to take a look. Its fully loaded, white exterior and blue accented interior with OEM beadlocks. The milage is about 56k. The only thing I want that is missing is the blue exterior, but I think I can live with the white. The asking price is $39,995.

https://www.jonathanmotorcars.com/2014-ford-f-150-svt-raptor-c-983.htm

I looked at the CarFax and this truck has had 3 owners and spent time in Quebec, Ohio, Connecticut and Pennsylvania. Pictures look clean and the only rust I can see is on the hitch. Also looks like it has a leveling kit. The seats seem a bit worn, as well, for 56k miles.

I met the owner of the dealership about 6 months ago and he seems to be a pretty stand up guy. It's a family business that's willing to make a fair deal; but it's still a business.

I'll make sure to check out all the usual spots to ensure this thing hasn't been totally beaten to hell...bump stops, skid plates, bed gap, corner panels, fuse 27, etc. If it all checks out, what would be a fair out-the-door number?

looks pretty clean to me

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s worth exactly what you are willing to pay. If you really want a 14 Screw and this baby meets your requirements and you get to a price “you”are willing to fork over, do it! 56K is nothing for these babies just broke in good. Put it on a rack and eyeball her underside and “decide with a drive” my friend. It doesn’t matter what “we” think. Truck looks great.

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That price is actually very good for this. You would typically see something like this selling in the mid-$40s.

yubayogi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you current owners have any worries about these trucks in Salt States? I am trying to stay clear of any trucks that have been owned in Salt States including Ohio, PA, Con., etc.

Am I being unreasonable? What should the OP look for to ensure no issues from salt?

Lacajun25

Reaction score
Truck looks good. I think if you got 41k otd it would be a good deal. It depends on how long they’ve had it. Downside of no deal is just more searching.

I have seen ads on cars.com app for 35 though not sure of how good they are since I didn’t pursue them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you current owners have any worries about these trucks in Salt States? I am trying to stay clear of any trucks that have been owned in Salt States including Ohio, PA, Con., etc.

Am I being unreasonable? What should the OP look for to ensure no issues from salt?

No, you are not being unreasonable. The salt, water and freeze/thaw cycles eat vehicles.

Sharkman

Reaction score
so on that note, what states SHOULD you avoid? I have seen many SVTs coming out of Texas as auction vehicles. Low 50k miles, single owner, but spent it's life in Texas....

Guess if the truck is taken to a Ford dealership to be checked out, it is ok?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd avoid any that put down salt. Not sure? Just search. Let's try NC. I googled "ncdot salt storage". First results says "NCDOT can store up to 170,000 tons of salt and sand and 1.52 million gallons of brine at its storage facilities across North Carolina"

Texas is the #1 truck market in the US, so it'd make sense there's a lot of used Raptors coming from Texas.