Whats broken? (sunroof shade)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The glass portion of my sunroof is working fine, thank god. But recently the shade got to where it was struggling to close those last few inches. Then when I opened the shade i heard a couple of loud pops and two little tiny plastic tab-looking pieces fell out. Henceforth my sunshade will open and close BUT when opening it the shade bunches up and hangs down until a few seconds before it slowly winds up and removes the slack. What kind of a repair am I looking at? Something I can do at home??

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever find the reason the shade wasn't closing or get it fixed. My sunroof shade has started the same deal, where there's an inch of space left near the center where light can get through. It still rolls smooth, but I'd like it to close all the way again.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you ever find the reason the shade wasn't closing or get it fixed. My sunroof shade has started the same deal, where there's an inch of space left near the center where light can get through. It still rolls smooth, but I'd like it to close all the way again.
If you can't just normally close that the reset of the moonroof will fix that. Youtube that video.