whats best dash cam and rear cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you discovered a fix for this?

No

My stort term fix? I got the fault, and just unplugged the back cam cable at the front cam. Problem fixed itself. That shows me its the long cable from the front, snaked down the passenger side, back using the door channel, then back up to where i placed the back cam.

Next step is those ferrite beads on front and back as close to the cams as I can. Its just that I am away on travel, so back to you all in 2 weeks.

Superman750

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No

My stort term fix? I got the fault, and just unplugged the back cam cable at the front cam. Problem fixed itself. That shows me its the long cable from the front, snaked down the passenger side, back using the door channel, then back up to where i placed the back cam.

Next step is those ferrite beads on front and back as close to the cams as I can. Its just that I am away on travel, so back to you all in 2 weeks.

Sounds great. I don’t know if this will be any help at all, but I ran my rear cam wire along the tops of the doors instead of going down the A-pillar and along the bottom. My guess is that the interference is somewhere along the top of the windshield between the camera/mirror and the A-pillar. I did run my power cable down the A-pillar though, and I tried the ferrite on the power wire to no effect. I will try a ferrite on the rear camera wire also.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds great. I don’t know if this will be any help at all, but I ran my rear cam wire along the tops of the door instead of going down the A-pillar and along the bottom. My guess is that the interference is somewhere along the top of the windshield between the camera/mirror and the A-pillar. I tried the ferrite on the power wire to no effect. I will try a ferrite on the rear camera wire also.
Thanks

Online folks say 2 will fix it.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a TpMS interference blog at dashcamtalk and one post is this

I managed to find the problem!
It seems obvious now, seems that rear camera connector is not properly shielded (It is plastic not metal like USB)
Covering it with few layers of aluminium foil fixed the problem for me! (Hopefully for good)

A ferite bead might fix it as well

Superman750

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a TpMS interference blog at dashcamtalk and one post is this

I managed to find the problem!
It seems obvious now, seems that rear camera connector is not properly shielded (It is plastic not metal like USB)
Covering it with few layers of aluminium foil fixed the problem for me! (Hopefully for good)

A ferite bead might fix it as well

I tried a single ferrite bead on each end and was still getting interference. I am trying to picture what you mean by plastic connector. Would you be willing to post a picture of where you are wrapping the foil?

Raptor18Actual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a single ferrite bead on each end and was still getting interference. I am trying to picture what you mean by plastic connector. Would you be willing to post a picture of where you are wrapping the foil?

He's most likely talking about the plug itself. Electronics both emit, and are susceptible to, electromagnetic disturbances. In this case, the USB plug is emitting EMI, which the TPMS is susceptible to.

A proper USB plug will have shielding along the cable and at the connector, to limit the effects of EMI. An improperly shielded one, just plastic like RaptorMaryland is implying, would look something like below:
disconnected-shield_1.jpg
A properly shielded one would look more like this beneath the plastic:
partial-shield_1.jpg

For the aluminum foil, just wrap it around the plug (plastic) area. You're trying to recreate the metal shield in the above picture.