What would you expect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyuss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to pay at a dealership for a fully loaded 2012 Supercrew with 60k miles? I would prefer one with lower miles, but this one is white (which I really prefer) and it is local. They are asking $45,900 which seems high but the prices on these vehicles really runs the gamut. Thanks much for any thoughts.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given the year, it sounds like a truck with highway miles, which wouldn't scare me too much. Might be appropriate for a $42K cash offer, or if they don't deal, see if they will throw Ford Premium Care in the deal and get you an aftermarket warranty for another bunch of miles and years. I have had a great experience with FPC and it's paid for itself on my truck. Also, if they don't deal, see if you can get some other goodies like a bed cover or other stuff. If they are hard over and won't negotiate, its a tough decision, let us know what you end up with.

OP
OP
K

kyuss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks much for the responses. I am hoping to get out there today and test drive/more thoroughly check it out. I was also thinking $42k would be a decent offer for it. As for location, I am in Maryland as is obviously the truck.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They just had a 2013 with 26K miles for $50K down in Florida. I saw another for $53K. FWIW.

OP
OP
K

kyuss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went and drove it. Sharp looking truck. Undercarriage was very clean. Exterior was decent. Passenger side flares both had issues. Other then that couldn't find any major dents. It looks like the previous owner had wired in for a maybe a lightning system or stereo but it was done really poorly. Slight pull to the left when driving. The bed looks like it had carried roofing tar at one point so was absolutely nasty. It had leaked down onto the frame and wheel well on the passenger side. The bed didn't bother me too much but looking in that wheel well was pretty bad. The interior was pretty trashed. It needed more then a good cleaning. Seats all had stains, plastic components need replacement because they were beat to hell, steering wheel was worn, buttons were worn, caps were missing off the 12v outlets in the back, etc. I offered $41k with two new front tires, the bed sprayed, and obviously interior thoroughly detailed and felt semi bad about even offering that . They came back at $44,500 so I said thanks for your time and left.

Plan B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I paid 44.5k for a 2012 Scab w/ 18k miles in perfect condition. I wouldn't of been so nice to them! Truck sounds trashed...

OP
OP
K

kyuss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^Silver truck with some nice upgrades? If so that was a great purchase! Beautiful truck.