Use case would help determine the right answer for you. If you're taking a lot of long haul trips/vacations, may do some high speed desert running, have a family and need a do it all kind of vehicle I think the Raptor is the perfect choice. If you're looking for a local run-about/in-town kind of car, prefer rock/trail crawling, and seldom have passengers the 392 would probably be easier to live with. I love my Raptor, my favorite vehicle I've owned so far, but it's size can be a compromise. Downtown parking garages and tight parking lots are a bit of a chore(not a dealbreaker, just being honest).So,
Got an order for an avalanche grey raptor, july 21 order confirmed
(no markup, no deposit, no idea if allocated)
- eta only god knows
- MSRP 77520
- priority (i dont even know)
Also, have an order confirmed august 19 for a sting gray jeep 392
- eta 8-15 weeks (approx. december)
- MSRP 81985
- 3.5k off msrp
- build priority 01
Ive never had a jeep or a raptor, my dream truck has always been a raptor. i am mostly a ford guy but have owned (stellantis/ fca) vehicles in the past as-well. but when the jeep 392 was announced, it was definitely added to my wish list. Also, Im not a big off road guy but want one of these 2 iconic cars.
So my question is, what would you do,
Get delivery of the jeep 392 coming soon or keep waiting for a raptor that might arrive between 18-24 months; and save some down payment money while i wait in my dodge charger (no, its not a 392) lol
Thank you all, open to all criticism and questions or concerns
Are you in So-Cal per your profile? You would definitely get some use out of the removable top on the 392, it's a ton of fun. As a city/beach vehicle I think you would love the 392. Probably also a good idea to at least consider gas prices in your area, and potential future regulations in CA for high horsepower V8s. Really can't go wrong either way though, if I were you I'd carefully consider my use case and pull the trigger with which one fits your lifestyle best. As others have stated, you could easily buy the 392 and get your money back with little/no depreciation if you end up wanting the Raptor instead.