What works with these connectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattf

Reaction score
Hey FRF, first time poster. I bought a 2018 Raptor a little over a week ago and have been researching lights and mods since. I finally popped the hood and found the previous owner wired up some of the aux lines to these connectors. I'm wondering are these connectors for a specific brand/light/model/series? What can I buy that will plug and play with these?

I'm planning to install a 3 light bracket and start with amber DRLs that match factory parking lights and add on from there.

20201022_114831.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. I've seen those plugs before, but can't remember off hand. Somebody will know though.

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are deutsch connectors (2 pin male). Probably off brand based on the colors. Good solid connectors though.

https://deutschconnectorstore.com/p...-pin-connectors/deutsch-dt-series-connectors/

You can buy the off brand versions on Amazon or elsewhere. Of course, the name brand stuff seem a tiny bit better. They aren't hard to build yourself so you can choose any brand of light to put on there. Baja designs lights usually come with weather pack type connectors, but you can remove those and add deutsch or the opposite with those existing wires. 2 wire Rigid Industries lights come out of the box with deutsch connectors. However, some Rigid lights have three wires (radiance for example), and in my experience, those don't have any connector type pre-installed.

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Those could be for anything. Who knows. They are Deutsch connectors as snt505 stated. Also known as DT connectors. Most aftermarket lighting companies use them such as Rigid, Auxbeam, Zroadz, Diode Dynamics, etc... - Some companies such as Baja Designs use a Weatherpack connector however.

Any triple fog kit you buy will come with a wiring harness you'll use. Most quality kits include a plug and play harness, while some make you provide your own harnesses and figure out the wiring. So I would not be worried about that.

For example, you mentioned doing the Radiance Kit (which is the most popular one that gives you the amber back lighting) which will actually not work with those.

1) The radiance kit has a 3rd wire to control the back light. You only have 2 wires there
2) The radiance lights don't have a plug. It's a cheaper light so they don't put connectors on them. Not to say you COULDN'T make it work. You'd just need to crimp your own connector on the radiance light. But you still have that 3rd control wire to worry about

Check out our Triple Fog Light Kits here if you are in the market. We include wiring harnesses that are essentially plug and play. As I mentioned the Rigid Radiance kits have a 3rd wire but our harness gives you 3 weatherproof connectors you crimp onto the wire which makes it easy/solid/weatherproof. Our Baja and Rigid kits include our harness (which is actually a nice harness and doesn't leave wires dangling/exposed as the previous owner had on your truck). The harness is encased in a protective sheathing.

A few options here

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicl...2017-2018-f-150-raptor/triple-fog-light-kits/

This is the Rigid Radiance Kit:

Radiance3__08798.1585419502.jpg

Radiance10__26156.1585450461.jpg

Or the Baja Deigns Kits (you lose that back light feature but gain a TON of output in light)

Brackets13__47811.1574819171.jpg

Brackets1__05894.1545980371.jpg