What will 24 bring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
MY '24 will bring thousands more of those "they are never going to build a V8 Raptor again" Raptors.
I’m going to paraphrase a friend from high school:

”This is some good shìt man”.

In my fantasy existence I hope you’re correct, but there’s less than zero evidence to support that dream.
it would be great to see the overcharging come down but Ford can’t seem to right their ship

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whole discussion about it round here somewhere.

edit to add...this one is on the house...
Yes, I have found that one and even read it. Your generosity is appreciated.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2024 will definitely bring another price increase.

A base mode 2023 V6 Raptor is now $78,670 w/destination. We are only $1,330 away from a $80k MSRP for a base Raptor.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In my fantasy existence I hope you’re correct, but there’s less than zero evidence to support that dream.
You think it's a fantasy or a dream that Ford will build thousands of V8 powered Raptors in 2024?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hundreds? maybe. I don’t think they’ve gotten their cr@p straight yet. Every week it seems there’s a new recall. The RR itself has a “limited number of trucks” suffering oil leaks. Of course, that limited number is likely 50% or more of the number in customer hands!

I’ll be surprised if there are 1000 RR built for ’23 MY.

Yeah, it would be great, honestly, if they just cranked out 15000 RR and then started shipping to stealerships chop-chop. But I don’t think they can, first of all. It’s not like they have supercharged 5.2’s laying around in a warehouse waiting to be used.

What’s the average wait time for an order to be fulfilled now, 12-14 months?
what’s the actual success rate on orders - that is, the order gets an allocation, the allocation gets acknowledged and processed and actually gets fulfilled ?

50%?

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do we really want a gen4, have not got the bugs out of the gen 3 yet
This is my biggest concern. My 23 is the worst truck I’ve ever bought (so far) regarding QC as well as the most expensive. Ive had more problems in 2k miles than my g2 had in 95k. I love the truck but the quality is down across the board. Paint is soft, panels misaligned, leather looks horrible, audio is years behind Ram, and there is rust everywhere. That isn’t to mention the warranty covered problems I’m having.

There are new issues popping up every few months with the g3 and we’re talking about a g4?

enjoitheride

Reaction score
This is my biggest concern. My 23 is the worst truck I’ve ever bought (so far) regarding QC as well as the most expensive. Ive had more problems in 2k miles than my g2 had in 95k. I love the truck but the quality is down across the board. Paint is soft, panels misaligned, leather looks horrible, audio is years behind Ram, and there is rust everywhere. That isn’t to mention the warranty covered problems I’m having.

There are new issues popping up every few months with the g3 and we’re talking about a g4?
Where do you have rust?

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you have rust?
Rear axle/diff, front CVs, hubs, exhaust, and various other fasteners and brackets under the truck. Yesterday I took the door panel off and even the lock assembly had rust.

It’s pretty ridiculous considering it’s been in Louisiana, garage kept, and alway from salt its whole life.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That sucks. I’ve only had my 23 for 2 weeks and 600 miles but mine doesn't have any of the issues yours does. It seems very solid and well put together. Was built early Feb., 23.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free