What type of "JACK" would you prefer on the trail?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CitrusSqueeze

Reaction score
Hey all. Best 1600 miles of my life so far on my truck, but after getting about 20 miles into the back country outside SLC, UT last night I thought...I wonder how the OEM jack would perform out here? How many of you guys using a hi-jack or similar? Does it fit under the rear seat? I was thinking of buying a Tuffy underseat lock box, but am betting the high jack is too long for that. Any other options? Or is the OEM up to *****?

Dave

Most definitely ditch the OEM jack. But if you still are using it take a large square piece of plywood with you to use as a base.

If you plan on driving in sandy conditions I'd say carry the plywood (or something similar to use as a solid base) even if you get a floor jack with a skid. It will provide a wider, stable base for the floor jack and help prevent any sinking and shifting if the sand is loose enough.

dboat

Reaction score
I just bought a safe jack setup. I almost pulled the trigger on the ARB air jack, but I had already ordered the safe jack before I heard back from them. I should be happy with the safe jack setup.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a safe jack setup. I almost pulled the trigger on the ARB air jack, but I had already ordered the safe jack before I heard back from them. I should be happy with the safe jack setup.

I've got the Safe Jack as well. I've used it to help others a couple of times. I haven't needed it for myself yet (knock on wood).

That ARB Jack is outstanding, and infinitely safer, as a HiLift replacement. But, $833?? Come on man. The other thing is that, like any other HiLift, it will rarely get used. Also, because of that price, it's not something you want to display on the outside of your vehicle.

If I'm going to spend some real money on a jack, I'm going to get a Pro Eagle jack with a mount.