What type of "JACK" would you prefer on the trail?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Saints off road sells a skid for the harbor freight 2 ton. I have used mine several times helping people change flats when I traveled around Texas.

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I may have the DXF at work still. I'll have to check. I could burn more but I have to be super careful. Big brother is always watching........ He makes Adolf look like a choir boy when he is on a warpath. :flipthebird:

I am definitely interested. Just tell me how much and where to send it!

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM vs Hi-Jack?

Hey all. Best 1600 miles of my life so far on my truck, but after getting about 20 miles into the back country outside SLC, UT last night I thought...I wonder how the OEM jack would perform out here? How many of you guys using a hi-jack or similar? Does it fit under the rear seat? I was thinking of buying a Tuffy underseat lock box, but am betting the high jack is too long for that. Any other options? Or is the OEM up to *****?

Dave

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Best 1600 miles of my life so far on my truck, but after getting about 20 miles into the back country outside SLC, UT last night I thought...I wonder how the OEM jack would perform out here? How many of you guys using a hi-jack or similar? Does it fit under the rear seat? I was thinking of buying a Tuffy underseat lock box, but am betting the high jack is too long for that. Any other options? Or is the OEM up to *****?

Dave

You dont want either of them. Those hi-lift jacks are downright deadly on uneven surfaces combined with no real jack points for it on the Raptor. The OEM jack will just sink into the dirt.

You should consider a 2 ton floor jack with a skid plate. It distributes the weight equally over the base area and will not sink. Very sturdy so no worries about a tip over like a hi-lift. Also there are options that allow you to secure it safely in the bed. Krazy House Customs (FRF Vendor) makes/sells a skid and holder combo and I would highly recommend. The jack (sold separately) is from Harbor Freight and bolts right to the skid once you remove the wheels. The skids are made specifically for the Harbor Frieght 2 ton jack.

image_zpscc099637.jpg

image_zps4e76710d.jpg

image_zps4e2381b1.jpg

Last edited:

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]
You dont want either of them. Those hi-lift jacks are downright deadly on uneven surfaces combined with no real jack points for it on the Raptor. The OEM jack will just sink into the dirt.

You should consider a 2 ton floor jack with a skid plate. It distributes the weight equally over the base area and will not sink. Very sturdy so no worries about a tip over like a hi-lift. Also there are options that allow you to secure it safely in the bed. Crazy House Customs (FRF Vendor) makes/sells a skid and holder combo and I would highly recommend. The jack (sold separately) is from Harbor Freight and bolts right to the skid once you remove the wheels. The skids are made specifically for the Harbor Frieght 2 ton jack.

Looks good. I'm not doing a lot of rock crawling and have been reading up on the hi-jack and I don't think it's what I'll be needing. The skid plate set-up will be perfect for the relatively level fast stuff my truck sees. I'll can't seem to find Crazy House in the members list. Anyone used that inflating monstrosity? It looks....amusing.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score