What tuner for whipple 6.2L 2010?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You also need to know what kind of Heat Exchanger is in front of the radiator.
The Stage two kit comes with a much larger HE with dual fans.

Stage 1
View attachment 381844

Stage IIView attachment 381845
Definitely a stage one. I’m going to order a new filter from whipple. I’m going to sand the box down and paint it. It’s got some surface rust on it. The truck came from Canada. I’ve also got to figure out how to remove the rhino liner from the underside. That’s a rust trap waiting to happen. 4EDB9DDC-F24A-4519-A363-8E5EFE9EDE68.jpegDF86BC82-871A-4D5D-A132-AF587A972F97.jpeg

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely a stage one. I’m going to order a new filter from whipple. I’m going to sand the box down and paint it. It’s got some surface rust on it. The truck came from Canada. I’ve also got to figure out how to remove the rhino liner from the underside. That’s a rust trap waiting to happen. View attachment 381859View attachment 381860
When you call Whipple and if they have the vehicle in their database,
you also need to find out if it has the upgraded intercooler under the compressor.

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And Member @Nex gave you right link for the air filter.
I have two and I buy the cleaning and oil kit direct from S&B, the oil comes in two colors red and blue.
When you buy the filter, it only comes pre-oiled in red.
I change the filter every few months or sooner depending on driving conditions.

Definitely a stage one. I’m going to order a new filter from whipple. I’m going to sand the box down and paint it. It’s got some surface rust on it. The truck came from Canada. I’ve also got to figure out how to remove the rhino liner from the underside. That’s a rust trap waiting to happen. View attachment 381859View attachment 381860
Are you ordering a new filter as a replacement or a backup?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@castine917
Are you ordering a new filter as a replacement or a backup?

Well, in order to properly clean then dry then oil and weep thoroughly and dry again, it takes a couple of days.
Having two allows you to have one ready when it's time to change.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, what upgraded intercooler. Just now learning about these setups.
In the first year and a half of sales for the Whipple kit for the Raptor, the intercooler had two sizes.
The first year they were using the intercooler from the 5.0L Mustangs.
The 6.2L is quite a bit larger so they were able to increase the size of the intercooler.

Intercooler.jpg

Last edited: