What tuner for whipple 6.2L 2010?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to retune the truck I just bought. It’s fine now but i don’t know who did it in the past so I want peace of mind. What tuning programs are best? I saw someone comment saying that hptuners causes issues.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got 5 star tune with my X4 tuner. I got the 93 street and 93 performance. No complaints at all.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 star and most of the tuner companies sell the x4 with the custom tunes you want. SCT is part of Derive...Bully dog.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking to retune the truck I just bought. It’s fine now but i don’t know who did it in the past so I want peace of mind. What tuning programs are best? I saw someone comment saying that hptuners causes issues.
Again, Congrats and welcome to the forum.

It sucks when people buy a used Raptor with a Supercharger and the handheld Tuning device is missing.
I've seen this a dozen times or more.
It's a lot of digging and research to find out what the exact mods and upgrades are on the truck.
There are so many different combinations. Most important is, is it a Stage 1 or Stage II
There is over 150 RWHP between the two.
First, I would start with borrowing an OBDII scanner and copying all the info that are generated.
Pull the PCM out and take a picture of the serial and calibration codes that are on the sticker on top of the PCM.
It's very easy to remove the PCM.
Write down what SC pulley size and any numbers you can find the throttle body.
Then you are going to need to contact Whipple with your Vin# and all PCM codes you can get.
They may be able to tell if it's still the Whipple Tune or not.
If not, then you're going to have to call JDM, 5 Star and Livernois.

The SCT X4 handheld Tuning device is easiest and by far the most common.
SCT has other devices you can use.
Whipple, JDM and 5 Star all use the SCT device and software.
Only Livernois uses their own proprietary handheld device and Tune.

Note: HP Tuners is just a Tuning software and no reliable mass Tuning shop ever made a Tune for a Supercharged Gen 1 Raptor using HP Tuners.
The edible files that found their way on the internet for safely Tuning the Gen 1 Raptor (SC and NA) are strictly for the SCT software platform.

Now I see you're asking about spark plugs and air filter.
Member @Vash give you the best info on spark plugs.
My spark plugs are 9 years old but only 20K + miles on them, and they are still in great condition.
But I am very vigilant with changing the motor oil,
using fuel treatment, Star-Tron enzyme treatment and only using 93 octane.
I will be changing them sometime soon, just for, "because".

And Member @Nex gave you right link for the air filter.
I have two and I buy the cleaning and oil kit direct from S&B, the oil comes in two colors red and blue.
When you buy the filter, it only comes pre-oiled in red.
I change the filter every few months or sooner depending on driving conditions.

IMG_20140622_112500_991.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, Congrats and welcome to the forum.

It sucks when people buy a used Raptor with a Supercharger and the handheld Tuning device is missing.
I've seen this a dozen times or more.
It's a lot of digging and research to find out what the exact mods and upgrades are on the truck.
There are so many different combinations. Most important is, is it a Stage 1 or Stage II
There is over 150 RWHP between the two.
First, I would start with borrowing an OBDII scanner and copying all the info that are generated.
Pull the PCM out and take a picture of the serial and calibration codes that are on the sticker on top of the PCM.
It's very easy to remove the PCM.
Write down what SC pulley size and any numbers you can find the throttle body.
Then you are going to need to contact Whipple with your Vin# and all PCM codes you can get.
They may be able to tell if it's still the Whipple Tune or not.
If not, then you're going to have to call JDM, 5 Star and Livernois.

The SCT X4 handheld Tuning device is easiest and by far the most common.
SCT has other devices you can use.
Whipple, JDM and 5 Star all use the SCT device and software.
Only Livernois uses their own proprietary handheld device and Tune.

Note: HP Tuners is just a Tuning software and no reliable mass Tuning shop ever made a Tune for a Supercharged Gen 1 Raptor using HP Tuners.
The edible files that found their way on the internet for safely Tuning the Gen 1 Raptor (SC and NA) are strictly for the SCT software platform.

Now I see you're asking about spark plugs and air filter.
Member @Vash give you the best info on spark plugs.
My spark plugs are 9 years old but only 20K + miles on them, and they are still in great condition.
But I am very vigilant with changing the motor oil,
using fuel treatment, Star-Tron enzyme treatment and only using 93 octane.
I will be changing them sometime soon, just for, "because".

And Member @Nex gave you right link for the air filter.
I have two and I buy the cleaning and oil kit direct from S&B, the oil comes in two colors red and blue.
When you buy the filter, it only comes pre-oiled in red.
I change the filter every few months or sooner depending on driving conditions.

View attachment 381843
Now this is a thorough response. I appreciate it man.