What truck would you consider selling your Raptor for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L0L

Reaction score
Truck? No other truck really gets my attention. A gen 3 would be kinda cool but eh for that price I would get my dream car, a new Audi RS6. Perfect car in my eyes. Finding myself having to use the truck more often so I don't consider going in for the Audi :Big Laugh:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never owned a Gen1 but have always drooled down my chin when seeing one. They are awesome. And I love how zealously and religiously you guys love yours.

I’m on my 3rd Gen2 and am awaiting a Gen3 to be delivered

If I were to leave the Raptor family, and yes I know the reliability issues, I’d get a Range Rover, a top line model. Best of all worlds.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck? No other truck really gets my attention. A gen 3 would be kinda cool but eh for that price I would get my dream car, a new Audi RS6. Perfect car in my eyes. Finding myself having to use the truck more often so I don't consider going in for the Audi :Big Laugh:
I went from a 2020 911T to a 2020 M5, thinking it was a dream car. While it’s nice and the acceleration is vision blurring and you can feel it in the pit of your stomach, even had a CF roof, it quickly became boring. Traded it after 8 months for a 2021 Cayenne GTS which while not as fast, is awesome.

L0L

Reaction score
I went from a 2020 911T to a 2020 M5, thinking it was a dream car. While it’s nice and the acceleration is vision blurring and you can feel it in the pit of your stomach, even had a CF roof, it quickly became boring. Traded it after 8 months for a 2021 Cayenne GTS which while not as fast, is awesome.
Nice. Reasoning behind a GTS instead of a GT4? Driveability or price? Been eyeing both of those recently as a potential future upgrade. I want a GT4 but the wife wants the RS6 to replace her current Audi.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice. Reasoning behind a GTS instead of a GT4? Driveability or price? Been eyeing both of those recently as a potential future upgrade. I want a GT4 but the wife wants the RS6 to replace her current Audi.
@L0L I think he was referring to the Cayenne GTS (SUV) not the Cayman GTS.
@MDJAK I feel ya.. I went the dream car route once (9ll C4S) while I had my 13 Raptor. While it was fun, you either need to dedicate it to track days or prepare to have no license if you really want to enjoy what it can offer. I sold mine after a year and have stayed in Gen 1's as they seem to be my go to.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only truck I’d go for apart from my OG ‘10 would be the Raptor R if Ford really produces these, but with parts and quality issues abounding, not too sure. Car would be 911 Turbo but with 3 kids, just a tough go.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it’s just a date with Jennifer Aniston then I agree, but a happy ending date would require some serious evaluation. I do plan on keeping my ‘12 until I’m no longer able to get in it. I actually love the fact the engine is considered work/fleet as it is reliable as hell and I plan on getting as many miles as humanly possible on it. I’m not opposed to a newer Raptor but the Lightning currently has my eye. Not to trade my Raptor in for of course.
This looks like I wrote it. And the reason I ended up buying my 1st Gen was because the wait for either a Powerboost or a Lightning is more years than I'm willing to wait. Regardless of the audio system or the song, those 6.2 liters of 'Merica makes me smile.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would have to be a total custom to make me change. Take a gen one body (scab) drop it on a gen three R frame and V8, with gen three tech.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I fell head over heal for the first Raptor I saw in 2010, was ready to order a 2011 when the bent frame debockel hit the internet and scared me away and I ended up with a 2011 Lariat then a 2012 Platinum both ecoBoost trucks. Tried to satisfy the Raptor Itch by making the 150's look like Raptors sort of but could not cure the bug. October 2013 I gave in to Raptor love and ordered my 2014 Raptor and picked it up on valentines day 2014. I have yet to yern for any other vehicle.