what to use when adding amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i am looking to take out the factory sub out of my screw and put in my audiobahn amp with 2 10" mtx subs in a underseat enclosure. so i hear the harness for the oem subs is after the amp so i can use a simple wire to RCA cable. what module do i need to make this work so i can covert the signal correctly to send over the RCA's to the aftermarket amp?

will any of these work? if not please let me know what will. some of these say good for 80 watts. not sure if thats enough or not.....

Factory System Adapters | Factory Stereo (OEM) Integration | Car Audio, Video & GPS at Sonic Electronix

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
if the signal is preamp (like my 2010 scab was). all you need is the Speaker Wire to RCA converter like this:

rBIIFRup8EQ1EHMvbzJ5OJ38hfTIdwBg9E5rP_DL-aJAxOze4gNsB7oweydVtXeDk1ondAnYJ2BMfh3DCj66sDuomMj62xZR_0P_OH3HwfWG1X0bWRO7RblHzmSkU98UcGVAzpEkvnwiZMos-ZbqmRHfnTy7SKiQvD6dGQlLtLRRtIV3BLM58-_sUItokL_xUNSuKgYAjlmvQZ4_

it it's an amped signal, you would need a line out converter that will take the amped speaker signal and convert it to a pre-amp signal usable for signaling an amp.

CALL THIS GUY, I SPOKE WITH HIM A FEW MONTHS AGO AND HE KNOWS HIS STUFF. he explained everything to me and basically told me i didn't need his product because my signal was preamp. i promised him i would refer as many people i could because of how helpful and honest he was. the owner of the company picks the phone right up when you call:

http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/176...AccuBASStm-and-Subwoofer-Control----LC2i.html

OP
OP
NickPic83

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
awesome thanks birdman!

i just need to figure out for sure if its pre amp or not. i guess i will have to pull it apart one day unless someone with a screw knows for sure