What to pay for a 2010 SCab with 9k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vtrx245

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am considering buying a Molten Orange 2010 Raptor SCab in my area for a winter driver but I am unsure what a fair price for the vehicle should be. I have driven and inspected the truck and it appears to be in pristine condition. The truck has 9300 miles on it. Here are the options on the truck (I believe it is fully loaded):

Luxury package
Exterior graphics
Interior color accent (orange)
Bed extender
Tailgate step
Moonroof
Trailer brake controller
Reverse camera
Navigation

It has been at a dealer in my area for almost 3 years now (battery was nearly flat when I took it for a test drive!). I know this because I almost bought a mustang from them 3 years ago and the truck is still there today! I am very interested in this pickup but have no idea what I should offer for it. They have had it listed for the same price for the last 3 years at $44,995 which seems a little high now (but again I am not sure). Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

HiTechRedneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just go to kbb.com and book it!
And remember, there's a reason they have had it in inventory wayyyyy too long!
Price, or?

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
5.4L or 6.2L

5.4L: Avg. $37,000 and Clean $42,000

I can't get the NADA site to show me the 6.2 numbers but it was a $3,000 option when placed my order back in 2010. So maybe add $1,000-3,000? Anyhow, I paid $45,500 for my fully loaded 2010 6.2L Raptor new if that helps.

OP
OP
V

vtrx245

Reaction score
It is a 6.2L. Cant believe I missed that. Most important option! Thanks I will take that into consideration!

OP
OP
V

vtrx245

Reaction score
Yes. It has been at the same dealer since ~ June 2010 if memory serves. I'm having them send me a carfax on it just to cover my bases. HiTechRedneck has a point that its odd that it has been there for almost 3 years at this point with no purchase.....

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that defies ALL logic, Raptors have an avg. lot time of less than 2 weeks where i'm from.

Do a formal inspection and air worthiness check (before catching air on the test drive, bring salesman airsickness bag) & add a clunk check in for good measure ..

Then report back from jail with your one free call, and ask for wiz

(he'll have you out of a bind in a jiffy, I'm told)

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. It has been at the same dealer since ~ June 2010 if memory serves. I'm having them send me a carfax on it just to cover my bases. HiTechRedneck has a point that its odd that it has been there for almost 3 years at this point with no purchase.....

Its not weird the reason it sits is because they have a used truck at new truck price.

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The first Raptor that I test drove was a 2010 loaded molten orange with 8K selling for 47K. They wouldn't budge on price. My advise, order a 2013 or wait for the 2014 and you will make up the difference in cost when you upgrade to the 2016! 2013 orders are getting turned around in under 3 months now! A number of dealers still have allocations and are willing to sell near invoice.