What to do when the Fuse 27 relocation doesn't work....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

till44

Reaction score
I have a 2014 6.2l, 68k miles, Whipple SC, etc.

I bought it in January and then mid March I had the Fuse 27 issues popping up i.e. RPMs to 0, engine turning off, no power streeing, and the "low oil pressure" light coming on. It only happened when moving under 10 mph, turning into a driveway, starting after a red light.

Found the likely issue thanks to here, swapped the fuse and ordered the relocation kit. Due to my work schedule it took me a few weeks to get it installed. In that time the engine turning off and low oil pressure happened more often, then the yellow wrench and check engine lights started turning on. Each time the errors were gone once it was restarted, I'd swap the fuse, and it would be ok for a few days.

This weekend I got around to relocating Fuse 27. No issues on the install, truck ran great for 3 days. This morning I put on a Pedal Commander. No issues on the 30 minute highway drive to work, but on the 5 mile drive from highway off ramp to work the truck stalled 3 times!

I'm going to double check the fuse relocation and pop off the Pedal Commander to see if that makes any difference. Other than that, what else should I be looking at or considering before going to a mechanic?

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First things's first, definitely go ahead and remove pedal commander since it was one of the last items changed on the truck and see if that changes anything.

I would also re-check the wiring under the fuse block - you did solder those connections in, right? Hate to even ask, but ya never know how some trucks get repaired/modded...

Additional: When you were replacing fuses prior to actually performing the TSB at the fuse block, were the fuses burnt or melted at all?

Also, since the truck was a recent purchase, have you been able to see if the previous owner was experiencing "tuning" issues after the installation of the Whipple ? IIRC, some folks were having some issues with tuning/drivability after adding superchargers (may have to search out on some past threads to read specifics about that part).

OP
OP
till44

till44

Reaction score
First things's first, definitely go ahead and remove pedal commander since it was one of the last items changed on the truck and see if that changes anything.

I would also re-check the wiring under the fuse block - you did solder those connections in, right? Hate to even ask, but ya never know how some trucks get repaired/modded...

Additional: When you were replacing fuses prior to actually performing the TSB at the fuse block, were the fuses burnt or melted at all?

Also, since the truck was a recent purchase, have you been able to see if the previous owner was experiencing "tuning" issues after the installation of the Whipple ? IIRC, some folks were having some issues with tuning/drivability after adding superchargers (may have to search out on some past threads to read specifics about that part).

Wires soldered, thought it was some of my cleaner work even. But I'll go back in and check everything.

None of the #27 fuses were "fried", the original had some scorch marks but no melting. After that I replaced maybe 3 other fuses, they didn't have burn marks or were they melted.... (maybe the Fuse 27 wasn't the primary issue???)

The truck was bought from a dealer, they received it from a trade in so I don't have any prior info on it.

OP
OP
till44

till44

Reaction score
Reset the KAM and left the Pedal Commander off.... no issues, even with some pretty extensive off roading over the weekend. I'll go another week with no PC then reconnect and see what happens.

OP
OP
till44

till44

Reaction score
AND it's back. Shutting off and getting the low oil pressure light AND yellow wrench/check engine/ advantetac lights go on. Not ask the same time, it's one or the other. It doesn't shut down with the check engine/ wrench lights.