What to do when shit happens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly! It was pretty cool, got out of the truck and went into the house and a few seconds later she hears a crash in the garage. Went to go see what the noise was and the truck was parked in the garage, minus the passenger mirror and all the molding on the side of the garage door opening.

All was well.....She was safe!

Our wife's are sisters? Glad I'm not the only one with this problem.....

LeCreaux

Reaction score
I closed the garage door on the rear hatch of one our SUVs one time to try to stop our dog from escaping down the street. She still got out and I chased her for blocks. The SUV rear hatch was open, it scratched the whole thing top to bottom.

I just paid for the whole repair and it had a clean record when I traded it in. Less than $1000 and a few days in the dealership. I think going through insurance would have cost me more in the end.

FREEHAVOC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing a bedside is a lot more labor intensive than you would think 700 for side plus graphic and paint and special rivets needed .. 2500-3k job unless dude can be saved

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Weigh out cost verse benefit of involving your insurance. Realize claims to count against you at renewal time. One claim not so much but two or three they will not renew you. So ask yourself a small dent cost to repair it will be low. Your next claim may not be so small. If it were me I would just fix it and move on.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing a bedside is a lot more labor intensive than you would think 700 for side plus graphic and paint and special rivets needed .. 2500-3k job unless dude can be saved

He is spot on - I would say it would nothing for a bedside on one of these to approach $3k. The panel is $709 and the Graphic is $334. Try to find a body shop that is ford aluminum certified.