What to do before 3yr/36K Warranty Expiration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pynenut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty is about up. I have the extended plan but is there anything specific that should be done by Ford before this warranty expires? Have you guys taken it in just before the factory warranty expired for anything specific?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty is about up. I have the extended plan but is there anything specific that should be done by Ford before this warranty expires? Have you guys taken it in just before the factory warranty expired for anything specific?

I've always kept a notepad in the glovebox to write down anything small that comes up so I can remember what I was thinking when I get some service done. To be honest, I've hardly ever had a warranty issue that needed to be addresses. I would inspect the shocks real good for any leaks/issues. Go over the paint and plastic with a bright light. Do an operational check on all lights - inside and out. Especially check for any condensation in the third brake light bezel - I have had that replaced already under warranty. Go through the engine bay with a fine-toothed comb and record any leaks/fraying/wear.

Other than that, your extended warranty should cover about anything that pops after the standard warranty expires.

Good luck!!!