What ting comes standard on gen3 raptors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Raptor

Reaction score
For those that have ceramic tinted, I've read about getting a ghosting or rainbow effect if you wear polarized glasses while looking through it. Is it bad? Like you just kind of notice it or is it bad and obnoxious? I really want ceramic tint on all windows for help with heat rejection but also wear polarized sunglasses to help with glare and stuff because I get a lot of headaches. Just don't want to drop a bunch of money on the ceramic tint and then have regrets.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that have ceramic tinted, I've read about getting a ghosting or rainbow effect if you wear polarized glasses while looking through it. Is it bad? Like you just kind of notice it or is it bad and obnoxious? I really want ceramic tint on all windows for help with heat rejection but also wear polarized sunglasses to help with glare and stuff because I get a lot of headaches. Just don't want to drop a bunch of money on the ceramic tint and then have regrets.
Regrets, like when a rock hits your windshield 35 mins after install?

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a slight effect when I wear my polarized sunglasses but it doesn’t outweigh the benefits of having complete 99% UV protection. Rainbow is mostly up in the far corners of the windshield and not straight ahead. If people are worried about going too dark you can do the clear tint (Air80 is what I did on the windshield) and you still block the sun completely. This is my first vehicle with tint and I feel like an idiot waiting this long to get it. Do every single window including the twin panel moon roof. The moon roof is the most important one and the windshield is the second. They are the largest and let the most amount of heat in. My AC works so much better now. If you get headaches this is a must have for your vehicle.

The biggest rock to ever hit one of my vehicles in my life was just the other day in my Gen3 and I truly believe it would have been a broken windshield but because I have the ceramic tint nothing happened. The installer was telling me how much more secure the vehicle is with the tint. If someone wants to break a window it takes work and a decent amount of force.

You will be amazed how much better the truck is without the sun and heat hitting you. GET IT! Do them all. Even at night when someone puts their brights on you, it protects from that too. Much less from large trucks on the road at night.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On summer days, if I leave the sunroof open, seems the cab temp is higher than keeping it closed unless there is a good breeze blowing. I can also really feel the sun heat back way off when I close the sunroof (glass only, no shade) so factory "ting" is doing a pretty darn good job.

77Raptor

Reaction score
There is a slight effect when I wear my polarized sunglasses but it doesn’t outweigh the benefits of having complete 99% UV protection. Rainbow is mostly up in the far corners of the windshield and not straight ahead. If people are worried about going too dark you can do the clear tint (Air80 is what I did on the windshield) and you still block the sun completely. This is my first vehicle with tint and I feel like an idiot waiting this long to get it. Do every single window including the twin panel moon roof. The moon roof is the most important one and the windshield is the second. They are the largest and let the most amount of heat in. My AC works so much better now. If you get headaches this is a must have for your vehicle.

The biggest rock to ever hit one of my vehicles in my life was just the other day in my Gen3 and I truly believe it would have been a broken windshield but because I have the ceramic tint nothing happened. The installer was telling me how much more secure the vehicle is with the tint. If someone wants to break a window it takes work and a decent amount of force.

You will be amazed how much better the truck is without the sun and heat hitting you. GET IT! Do them all. Even at night when someone puts their brights on you, it protects from that too. Much less from large trucks on the road at night.
That's great info. Thank you! I was planning on doing all the windows. Probably 70% on the windshield, roof and rear windows and then 35% on the front side windows.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On summer days, if I leave the sunroof open, seems the cab temp is higher than keeping it closed unless there is a good breeze blowing. I can also really feel the sun heat back way off when I close the sunroof (glass only, no shade) so factory "ting" is doing a pretty darn good job.
To each his own and maybe you are not in such a hot sunny place but I feel like the factory tint is a joke and useless. In addition without something on the windshield and drivers side, you end up getting sun burnt. Nothing worse than spending all day in the sun doing your favorite activity and then jumping into your truck only to get burnt even more. No thanks. Ceramic tint for the win hands down.