WHAT THE HOLY MOTHER OF BFG?? If this doesn't convince you to get KM3 MT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
I have Posted my loyalty to BFG and the MT''s in particular before but.....When I got out to Spot myself over a 2 foot step and saw this??? I feel in love with my MT's EVEN MORE!! Now im sure there are other shoes out there that will preform as well, but I have not had Personal experience with them. By all accounts I should have been changing a flat after seeing this o_O:shakehead: BFG MT3'S I LOVE YOU :banana-mario::banana-mario::favorites37::headbang::headbang::headbang:IMGP8831.JPGIMGP8831 (2).JPGIMGP8834.JPGIMGP8835.JPGIMGP8832.JPG

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
That probably would not have happened if it were a E rated BFG KO2
Haa Haa That is an E Rated KM3. It would have shredded my KO2's as it's done in the last 30+ years IMHO Loved my KO2's, i have had more than I can count, those C's they put on my 2019 were good for pimping the Strip but I did a separate thread on how the Desert Shredded them. Plus they turn into Racing Slicks in any kind of clay or mud. I finally switched to the MT's on the last 50K of my Gen1 and have never been happier with them in the conditions I use them.

Last edited:

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love it. Wanted to get these last month but there is a national shortage. Had to do General Grabber X3's. I was very impressed with how tough they were even if there were a couple other areas I was not totally happy with. Load E rated, a necessity for what I got done doing the last two weeks. Thanks to everyone who answered my tire questions in the past about "overlanding" tires. At some point on the trail, I opened the door to look at and saw a similar rock pushed in the same way on the sidewall and thought, "Holy ****, really glad I decided to do 3-ply tires..." They were crucial for getting me through the trip.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
So, to the uneducated, what is the main difference between the ko2 and km3. How is the on road performance in comparison?

KM3 vs KO2 Summary

Each of the tires is fantastic for its own reasons. The KM3 are unstoppable in off-road terrain and the KO2 handles everything short of extreme off-road terrains very well.

Anthem Off-Road has a great article as well as many other write ups if you search BFG KO2 VS KM3.
It's basically a Use/Preference personal choice. If your mostly highway driving with Off-Roading a few times a month the KO2 is probably your best choice except in an "E" load range. My 2010 came with E-range and I used them for many years and over 100k miles. The "c" is a "nice soft" ride but useless for my terrain (lots of rock, and then more SHARP Rocks) The articles talk about the outstanding sidewall protection in the KM3 I as you can see, I Need that Protection. I'm in the Desert Rocks and Sand 2-5 days a week, so I love the KM3'3 for what I do. I still tow my Winnebago with the KM3's without any issues.
I'm a BFG fan-boy just because they have gotten me home for over 30years of Off-Roading in Jeeps, Hummers and Raptors. There are many other great brands that people swear by and several threads on here about them. This all of course is my humble opinion based upon my experience and use. All I really know about tires is they are Round, most of the time, Go on my Raptor and are EXPENSIVE AS A MFER!:anitoof::favorites37:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free