What should I do????? Help me decide..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I got my vin yesterday.. A member checked and pulled my window sticker... And found out that there was a option that i didnt order..

Called the dealer, and my sales guy told me he couldnt do anything about it..

So, i asked for a refund.. And he said he could take out $500 more and i can have the option for free.. But i really hate that blue interior trim..

What should i do? Ive waited almost 3 months.. Should i reorder? Or take the truck and try to wrap everything in carbon fiber? Not sure how hard the center stack is to pull off... :(

I really dont want to wait another 3 months.. And really hate that blue trim..

Any suggestion??

leanofpeak

Reaction score
Don't do it. That blue interior will always bug you. Even if you wrap it in Carbon. You will always know it's underneath there. And you paid $55K for something you didn't want.

It's not perfect.

If you look hard enough I bet you can find a dealer that can get you a new VIN in a couple weeks. Fordfan seems to be on fire, talk to him.

Papi4baby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not do it.

Tell him to order you a new truck, or find another dealer.

Also i would call the SVT hotline and see if they can help you out. Go to the dealer and ask to speak with the manager and explain the situation, if he says he can't do anything ask for the regional rep.

Just keep moving up the chain, it will get removed, or a new truck should be order. And if you have proof that you didn't order that option maybe you will get a pri 1 for your new truck.

Forgot, hit Ford Services up on tweeter.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's BS that your dealer said he could not do anything about it. Do you have your DORA? Is it in there? If Ford made the mistake then they will do an emergency build (priority 1) and get you another truck pronto.

How do I know this? I have 2 buddies that ordered a black truck and found out it was silver and Ford is building them new trucks. And they waited an extra 1 week and not 3 months.

Or another option is make the dealer give you the blue interior for free and find a local guy with a new 2013 that will swap with you.

So, I got my vin yesterday.. A member checked and pulled my window sticker... And found out that there was a option that i didnt order..

Called the dealer, and my sales guy told me he couldnt do anything about it..

So, i asked for a refund.. And he said he could take out $500 more and i can have the option for free.. But i really hate that blue interior trim..

What should i do? Ive waited almost 3 months.. Should i reorder? Or take the truck and try to wrap everything in carbon fiber? Not sure how hard the center stack is to pull off... :(

I really dont want to wait another 3 months.. And really hate that blue trim..

Any suggestion??

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already took the deposit back.. I think it was my sales guy fault.. He doesnt really know much about the raptor.. He kept telling me raptor interior... And I have to tell him its the blue accent option.. I dont think they could get me a new order and get the truck in a month..

All of the dealers around me are charging raptor tax... So no luck on other dealers..

Faking been looking at this truck for over a year... And finally pulled the trigger.. And after 3 months.. This happens... So angry.. I want go and ripnhis head off..

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn! Sorry! What's your location?

I already took the deposit back.. I think it was my sales guy fault.. He doesnt really know much about the raptor.. He kept telling me raptor interior... And I have to tell him its the blue accent option.. I dont think they could get me a new order and get the truck in a month..

All of the dealers around me are charging raptor tax... So no luck on other dealers..

Faking been looking at this truck for over a year... And finally pulled the trigger.. And after 3 months.. This happens... So angry.. I want go and ripnhis head off..

Smoothlander

Reaction score

If it was listed on your Vehicle Order Conformation its your own fault, if not its Ford's fault. If its Ford's fault there is someone that can make the change, if its your fault......

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I didnt even get a DORA....so I have no idea..I would never order that option.

I actually hate that blue interior and the graphics..

Anywayz I reorderd the truck... asked to be priority 1 .. (thx 911)

Also, thanx to a member that posted the invoice price.. the invoice price that i got was over $1000. $51800

Now Im paying $49780.

Now.. the wait..............again..

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You and your dealer can ask for priority 1 but you will not get it. priority 1-9 are for special builds. If you get your dealer to call Ford and admit they made a mistake and tell them they have a customer who is very unhappy then they will do a special build for you. But just asking is not enough. You need a legitimate reason for requesting a priority 1.

Anywayz I reorderd the truck... asked to be priority 1 .. (thx 911)