What raptor look do u like better? Gen 1 Gen 2 gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talking looks only, I like the way they simply bulged the fenders on the gen1, I like the front end of the gen2 including the hood scoop. I haven't had the chance to see a gen3 up close in person, but it seems toned down from previous gens. I can't say which I prefer when I'm standing in my garage, drinking a beer, looking at both our gen1 and gen2 in the driveway. All I can say is I love them both. And if I could afford it, I'd have a gen3 planted in the driveway with them.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen 3, I just can't. It looks like someone took the palms of their hands and just smooshed it narrower. Too much black in the fascia contributes to that illusion, I think. And they largely hid those gorgeous A-arms, one of the things that made the Gen 2 look so serious and stout. The interior is nice - I don't know about "nicer", though. They really got the G2 right proportionally, it looks good from most angles. Same with the G1.

54Bravo

Reaction score
When I was looking for my raptor back in 2020 I was just in love with the gen 2. They did such a good job on the look of the truck especially the front lights that was my favorite part. Just a beast of a truck. So you can imagine how excited I was to hear there was gonna be a gen 3 and I was set on buying it with the 37 package. I was sure they were gonna out do the look of the gen 2. Then they revealed the truck. I absolutely did not like the build or design I feel they took a step back. Don't get me wrong The truck is a beast but the look I feel lacked appeal. I feel they could've done better. What do u guys think? I would love to hear everyone thoughts. Do u like it? Don't like it?
I'm love my Gen2 and would not trade it for a Gen3. The Gen 2 front end is absolutely stunning NOT the Gen3. Gen 3 has an amazing updated interior. If you do constant and heavy off roading then the Gen 3 suspension is best but for the majority of us we are ok with gen2/gen1. Not even a 37 package would motivate me to go to a Gen3.