What raptor look do u like better? Gen 1 Gen 2 gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey now come on, no insult intended! Gen 1 is still the OG, but of course time marches on.
It's all good, I don't really have a dog in the fight, just like the debate. Truth be told, there isn't much of my truck that is still or soon-sis won't be raptor.

I do however personally think my truck sounds pretty good, minimal drone. Dirty deeds 20".

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
For our Gen 2 trucks, look into the SPD trombone resonator delete; it not only sounds better than a Gen 1 but it improves exhaust flow.

If I wasn't going to dovetail the rear, I would look into it.

Think part of my Tokyo Drift problem is that the truck came with a Borla Attack system on it. :banghead:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I wasn't going to dovetail the rear, I would look into it.

Think part of my Tokyo Drift problem is that the truck came with a Borla Attack system on it. :banghead:
Ehh yea, I hear you on that. It seems that most aftermarket exhaust companies apply the same formula to each application, regardless of how it comes out.

Sportyworty

Reaction score
I selected the first year Raptor because of the nostalgia and potential collectibility factor. I also like the smooth bulge fenders and round snout. The 6.2 has torque felt in your chest. It looks more one piece design and fresh than the following models imho. My experience has been that first issue high quality anything is a safe bet. The list of real world improvements since 2010 is steep no doubt. I am happy in a 70’ XLT Shortbed so the nostalgia of my 2010 kicks in and puts a smile on my face. If I was younger and needed a work truck it would be a new one with a comprehensive extended warranty. My Raptor is a toy and many of you are mixing work and pleasure and juggling families so different needs and desires. This is a great forum for all of us

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I read through these various posts....I look back at the original Title on what we are responding to. (And I still feel the same about my initial post/response).

The question (with key words bolded) :

"What Raptor look do u like better?"

So very clearly just asking a very personal perspective on the looks of the different Gen Raptors.

I still personally like the Gen 2 look the best (don't know why...when I look at them...it is just my favorite model).

I also like the Gen 1 looks - In fact, a person at our church had one, and that is what got me thinking I wanted Raptor - I was just too dumb initially to realize there were different Gen's when I bought one soon after:) - And he always tells me how much he likes my Gen 2 also...

I have seen the Gen 3s around town and online, and like the looks as well...Just not BETTER than the Gen 2. For me, I think I like the grille and front section look on Gen2 better...Beyond that the looks seem pretty damn similar. I do LOVE the rear suspension set up on the Gen 3 better too.

So...in summary. I LIKE ALL OF THE RAPTORS. I like the LOOKs of Gen 2 Better/Best :)

A complete and thorough answer to a very subjective question.

DC

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I prefer the Gen 1, only because the Gen 3 doesn't have a v8 or scab configuration. I don't agree with some, but I really think the Gen 1 stands out from other f150's of the same years and find the gen2's are hard to distinguish until you get closer to them (talking when driving closer), the Gen 3's can't comment as I have yet to see one on the road here. I think the Gen 3 looks the best in pictures mind you. The 6.2 raptor was very unique when it first came out in Scab form, you couldn't get that motor in other f150's until a couple years later, fyi (from what I remember). The scab configuration was hands down the best off road, just not the best seller due to popularity of marketing and end users wanting more of the looks and room of a 4 door. I'm hoping there is a Gen 4 electric/hybrid version, the fuel consumption is brutal for around town in the Gen 1, lol.