What raptor look do u like better? Gen 1 Gen 2 gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kinda like saying you like the brains on Girl #1, The b o o bs on #2, and the 3rd's got nice legs.
That's why I prefer to build my own girlfriends. They don't stink for a few weeks as long as you keep them cold. I just tell my friends my girls are shy and don't really talk much.

I still love my Gen 2, but I wouldn't mind having the Gen 3 rear suspension.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen3 looks are not as good as Gen2
Gen 1 just looks like a f150 with 35’s and decal
Interesting, I would have gone the other way as the gen 1 is more of a departure from its f150 vs the gen 2. I think gen 1 is 7” wider and the gen 2 might be 6 since that generation f150 is wider than the previous.

You wouldn’t have a touch of gen 2 bias since you own one would you??? I’m just giving you a hard time, but that is real though, most of us like what we have and sometimes try to justify it.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, I would have gone the other way as the gen 1 is more of a departure from its f150 vs the gen 2. I think gen 1 is 7” wider and the gen 2 might be 6 since that generation f150 is wider than the previous.

You wouldn’t have a touch of gen 2 bias since you own one would you??? I’m just giving you a hard time, but that is real though, most of us like what we have and sometimes try to justify it.
I was NEVER a ford guy. Hated ford my whole life. I was always more of a LS chevy guy and a jeep guy. Gen 1 rap never interested me . The lines on the Gen 2 are very unique. Its the angles. I drove it and it was the best ride quality of anything ive driven. The rest is history.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen3 looks are not as good as Gen2
Gen 1 just looks like a f150 with 35’s and decal
I agree; just didn't want to be the first to say it!. Gen 1 created the sub brand, but it just doesn't have the "presence" on the road of a Gen 2 or 3, IMO. That makes sense considering Gen 1 was essentially a skunkworks project that took off in popularity more than anyone (including Ford) had predicted. It wasn't a Raptor from conception, it was an adaptation. Everything was the same as a standard F-150 right down to the frame and powertrain, the difference was the suspension and body panels. SVT, which is now Ford Performance, customized the trim and interior.

Starting with Gen 2, they really made it special and unique. The Gen 2 Raptor has it's own exclusive engine, transmission, frame, transfer case, and drive Terrain management, as well as magnesium transmission paddle shifters. Even the key is unique to other Ford Performance vehicles, the Gen 1 shared a key with the Fiesta. The Recaro seats are another great example. There is simply no comparison to the Gen 1; it's comical that some list the "Gen 1 powertrain" as a positive over the Gen 2 or 3; the opposite is true.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree; just didn't want to be the first to say it!. Gen 1 created the sub brand, but it just doesn't have the "presence" on the road of a Gen 2 or 3, IMO. That makes sense considering Gen 1 was essentially a skunkworks project that took off in popularity more than anyone (including Ford) had predicted. It wasn't a Raptor from conception, it was an adaptation. Everything was the same as a standard F-150 right down to the frame and powertrain, the difference was the suspension and body panels. SVT, which is now Ford Performance, customized the trim and interior.

Starting with Gen 2, they really made it special and unique. The Gen 2 Raptor has it's own exclusive engine, transmission, frame, transfer case, and drive Terrain management, as well as magnesium transmission paddle shifters. Even the key is unique to other Ford Performance vehicles, the Gen 1 shared a key with the Fiesta. The Recaro seats are another great example. There is simply no comparison to the Gen 1; it's comical that some list the "Gen 1 powertrain" as a positive over the Gen 2 or 3; the opposite is true.
Sounds like I should list my gen 1 for sell, and pick up a gen 2 and start over...........

Might have to pay the buyer to take it though, lol

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like all Gens for different reasons:

Gen 1 - Louvers on the hood.
Gen 2 - Overall stance, especially the Ford on the rear applique. It's bold and not squished like on the Gen 3.
Gen 3 - Linked rear, bigger touch screen, digital dash.

I love my Gen 2, it's set up the way I want it, only way I would get a Gen 3 is if they ever drop the ADM. I don't see that happening for years.....

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While I agree with your points on the engine, you just can't beat that V8 sound. I keep thinking I am being followed by a big wing Honda in Tokyo Drift when driving my Gen 2.
Not arguing the point, but a V8 is simply an engine configuration; not all sound the same or sound “good”. The Ford 6.2 is an iron block SOHC engine designed to replace the 5.4 as the standard engine in the F-250/350; it is in no way a performance engine. It also drones horribly with most aftermarket exhaust systems, hence why it was quiet in factory configuration.

For our Gen 2 trucks, look into the SPD trombone resonator delete; it not only sounds better than a Gen 1 but it improves exhaust flow.