What raptor look do u like better? Gen 1 Gen 2 gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is supposed to be aesthetics, but jeez enough w/ the V8 crap. Ford has put far more effort developing their smaller displacement tt engines, or hybrid, or even full electric. They put a fraction of their R&D/resources/effort into the V8 platform comparatively.

Who in their right mind would rather have a quad cam 5.0 from a mustang vs a bespoke ttV6 w/ forged rotating assembly shared w/ only ONE other vehicle in Fords lineup- their damn halo of halo cars the exotic GT. No other vehicle shares this engine besides their “exotic” top dog pickup. There’s a reason. Just whisper sweet nothings to this engine & BOOM +75whp +100rwtq

Would love to see any V8 trucks out there putting down over 500rwtq STOCK while getting 15-17mpg on 35”s (the TRX? Yeah w/ almost 1/2 the mpgs lol)

I love the 3.5HO & it’s the primary reason I am
In my 2nd Raptor/Ford after driving strictly GM trucks w/ V8s (& GM makes a better V8 than Ford anyhow so….yeah not really super interested in a V8 ford as it is)
For my response: jeez enough w/ the ttV6 crap. It's not always about maximum horsepower.

And yes the OP's title is about aesthetics, as you ramble on about performance.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Supercharged V8 and efficiency don’t go together, especially not in a 6,000+lb truck.

The only V8 engine that could have been standard in the G3 would be the 5.0, and it would have been a dog. Especially on 37PP trucks. 5.0 is a great Mustang engine, not a great truck engine.

How are the Germans getting the v8 forced induction vehicles right? 20-23 MPG... a little less weight but darn.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, guess i will put my opinion in here cause like my as.s hole, i got one.....

it has to be the gen 1. its shape and design was like no other truck. it stands out and visually, you can see it and know immediately it is a raptor. gen 2 looks too much like the standard f150 and the gen 3 front end looks like the chevy front end. the grill to me doesnt match the truck. i prefer the smoother lines on the gen 1 compared to the newer models.

thats my opinion and im sricking to it

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren’t those in cars?
what people dont understand is weight, aerodymanics and fluid dynamics. at a certain point (roughly about 200mph) the most aerodynamic and lightest vehicles require 1hp to gain 1mph. now figure that in a non aerodynamic truck that weighs twice as much. power get reduced dramatically. the same 1000hp car motor now gives you 600hp in a truck (i didnt mathemicate, just an example) so while the motor can produce immense power, the weight, shape, and balance of a vehicle plays a huge factor.

GoDucks

Reaction score
I prefer Gen 1 motor, Gen 2 exterior and Gen 3 interior. For a quick second I considered trading my truck for a F150 Tremor but couldn't do it because I love my Raptor and the tremor is a down grade to me. Raptor stands out in the crowd.