What raptor look do u like better? Gen 1 Gen 2 gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New R3P7ER

Reaction score
When I was looking for my raptor back in 2020 I was just in love with the gen 2. They did such a good job on the look of the truck especially the front lights that was my favorite part. Just a beast of a truck. So you can imagine how excited I was to hear there was gonna be a gen 3 and I was set on buying it with the 37 package. I was sure they were gonna out do the look of the gen 2. Then they revealed the truck. I absolutely did not like the build or design I feel they took a step back. Don't get me wrong The truck is a beast but the look I feel lacked appeal. I feel they could've done better. What do u guys think? I would love to hear everyone thoughts. Do u like it? Don't like it?
I was thinking the same but when I saw the Gen 3 in person I was pleasantly surprised. Love the new look

raiderofthelostark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I canceled my Rivian, CyberTruck, and Gen3 Raptor reservations in favor of buying my current 2020.

Gen 1s are awesome.

Gen 2s make something great even better.

Gen 3s? Not quite enough for me personally.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I canceled my Rivian, CyberTruck, and Gen3 Raptor reservations in favor of buying my current 2020.

Gen 1s are awesome.

Gen 2s make something great even better.

Gen 3s? Not quite enough for me personally.
I have to agree with the Not quite enough... The G3 should of just received the ducking v8 with the option for S/C. The G3 is the same as the G2 except for it being prettier on the inside.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to agree with the Not quite enough... The G3 should of just received the ducking v8 with the option for S/C. The G3 is the same as the G2 except for it being prettier on the inside.
It's prettier on the outside too and the suspension is an upgrade as well. Should of offered the powerboost as an option!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A powerboost Raptor?

Mother of god... that sounds like the TREMOR though?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Own a Gen 2, Gen 1 to me is iconic. Seeing that truck for the first time blew me away.
Gen 2 definitely kept the spirit in looks and in some ways does better.
i do like the grille going into the headlights style that the Gen 1 & 3 have.
Only issue i have with the 3rd gen is the wider fenders are less pronounced compared to previous gens. Still looks good, just doesnt seem as wide from a fender view.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is supposed to be aesthetics, but jeez enough w/ the V8 crap. Ford has put far more effort developing their smaller displacement tt engines, or hybrid, or even full electric. They put a fraction of their R&D/resources/effort into the V8 platform comparatively.

Who in their right mind would rather have a quad cam 5.0 from a mustang vs a bespoke ttV6 w/ forged rotating assembly shared w/ only ONE other vehicle in Fords lineup- their damn halo of halo cars the exotic GT. No other vehicle shares this engine besides their “exotic” top dog pickup. There’s a reason. Just whisper sweet nothings to this engine & BOOM +75whp +100rwtq

Would love to see any V8 trucks out there putting down over 500rwtq STOCK while getting 15-17mpg on 35”s (the TRX? Yeah w/ almost 1/2 the mpgs lol)

I love the 3.5HO & it’s the primary reason I am
In my 2nd Raptor/Ford after driving strictly GM trucks w/ V8s (& GM makes a better V8 than Ford anyhow so….yeah not really super interested in a V8 ford as it is)

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the ecoboost. I'm saying that they can also make an efficient awesome v8 platform with a nice supercharger and get some decent MPG and a way better sound without mods to the exhaust. I am unbothered regardless because I'm not spending anything over 60 for a truck.

Unless someone wants to donate a bitcoin to me?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the ecoboost. I'm saying that they can also make an efficient awesome v8 platform with a nice supercharger and get some decent MPG and a way better sound without mods to the exhaust. I am unbothered regardless because I'm not spending anything over 60 for a truck.

Unless someone wants to donate a bitcoin to me?
Supercharged V8 and efficiency don’t go together, especially not in a 6,000+lb truck.

The only V8 engine that could have been standard in the G3 would be the 5.0, and it would have been a dog. Especially on 37PP trucks. 5.0 is a great Mustang engine, not a great truck engine.