What raptor look do u like better? Gen 1 Gen 2 gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t like it when SVT got pulled under the umbrella of Ford Performance. I actually thought it was a US thing and not North America. I’ve pretty much liked everything they put out. I always thought SVT vehicles had specially trained technicians who where the only ones allowed to work on them, but maybe not. I understand why Ford went with FP, but I wish they didn’t. For me it’s like SVT is imperial and that’s what I like, FP is metric just like the rest of the world, lol. I would be satisfied with any Gen Raptor and would happily drive them. I would like to fine a nice poster of all 3 generations of Raptor. I see ones of the different generations of F150’s but not Raptors. Guess I will have to make my own.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne is correct. But there is a moral side to how people felt/feel that owned SVTs over the years, that Ford let them down by getting rid of the specialized section of Ford, but most of these people/owners don't realize it was merged with Ford Performance and not that Ford Perfoemance was generated from something new after the end of SVT.

Special Vehicle Team​

805e562&w=110&h=110&c=7&rs=1&qlt=80&o=6&pid=SANGAM.jpg
Special Vehicle Team, also known as SVT, was an arm of Ford Motor Company responsible for the development of the company's highest-performance vehicles. SVT was the successor to the SVO division. The current SVT Director was Hermann Salenbauch. SVT was previously led by Hau Thai-Tang (2004–2007) and John Coletti (1993-2004). In 2015, Ford Racing, alongside Ford Team RS and Special Vehicle Team, merged into a global entity named Ford Performance.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Gen 1 Sasquatch. Get off your high horse boomer, your truck shares an engine with airport shuttle busses, it’s not an “SVT”, it’s not exclusive, it’s not fast. It’s a 600lb anvil over your front axle.

Since you’ve apparently been asleep for the past decade, SVT is now Ford Performance, which is a global entity responsible for Gen 2+ Raptors, Ranger Raptor, Focus RS, Bronco Raptor, Ford GT, GT350/R, GT500, and of course Raptor R when/if it’s released.
Are you seriously a “professional” Ford Mechanic or a 9 year old with a keyboard who gets triggered with “Gen 1” accolades? What a clown.

OP asked for opinions, no need to respond to any of them.

<awaiting triggered rant in 3… 2… 1>

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you seriously a “professional” Ford Mechanic or a 9 year old with a keyboard who gets triggered with “Gen 1” accolades? What a clown.

OP asked for opinions, no need to respond to any of them.

<awaiting triggered rant in 3… 2… 1>
It’s not an “accolade” if it’s not true. Clearly you’re the “clown” who is triggered, because you keep responding to my posts. I respond to “clown” posts from people like yourself who are more interested in spreading misinformation than contributing anything positive to this forum. You’re a man child who trolls every Gen 2/3 thread with some caveman comment.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If GWBush is looking for someone with a 9 year old mentality and maturity level, I suggest he start with his own posts.

But hey, his 12 year old truck is the "only real Raptor" because it has an "SVT badge", not "Ford Performance" :jester:
Not only that, but he claims the Gen 3 makes his truck look better, because "iT nOt hAs a v8!! Apparently, according to him, nobody cares about a 5 link either. And all these new trucks are just F-150s with some "chintzy bolt-ons"!! If only he were smart enough to comprehend the irony in that statement.

All us Gen 2 and 3 guys better sell our trucks, because apparently Ford "went backward" from the Gen 1 LOL. I can't even believe someone could post something so ignorant and just plain stupid, but here we are.

I guess it's no surprise why he's so "triggered" by my posts that are based on facts and not the fallacies and ignorance you see below. Just another Sasquatch to add to the list.
First Gen, best Gen!
Installed Corsa Sport with Black Chrome tips and it’s perfect IMO. Growls at start up, mean only when you hit the throttle and zero drone at cruise. That V8 growl needs to be let loose at times in today’s prissy V4/V6 world
Love the Gen 3. Cuz it makes my OG 2010 Gen 1 V8 powered look even better.
Who cares about the 5 link
Looks like just another F150 with a few chintzy bolt ons

And a configurable exhaust? Buhahahaaa. On a truck. Great.

I got a configuration for you. It’s called a V8. Then you won’t need a configurable exhaust with pumped in sound.

Fords going backwards. Hard pass.
Yup. “Eco” Boost. Light on Eco, heavy on Boost.

Marketing.
I say that to agree with you: Gen 1 SCAB is the BEST TRUCK EVER. SVT got it right.. then... Ford Performance came along and well ...it’s just not the same IMO.
Exactly. Which is why Gen 1 = Best Gen
Dude. You have an original Raptor, the one that started it all. SVT designed and built (not “Ford Performance”) complete with Fox shocks, white gauges, SVT badged SCAB with a V8. I’d argue that we have the only true Raptors.
Who would sell an OG Gen 1 Ford Raptor that started the genre? Everything else is just “Ford Performance” F150 lookalikes with a few bolt ons, cam phaser issues and a V6.
Trolling the Gen 1 section? Yeah, I know the SVT history well and why the bean counters moved it to a more mainstream “Ford Performance” group with lookalike parts and boring V6s. Looks like everything else.

Didnt improve it. In fact, went backwards. Needless features ( hands free lol), sketchy tech, with ever-ballooning price tags.. sounds great.

Last edited:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn’t like it when SVT got pulled under the umbrella of Ford Performance. I actually thought it was a US thing and not North America. I’ve pretty much liked everything they put out. I always thought SVT vehicles had specially trained technicians who where the only ones allowed to work on them, but maybe not. I understand why Ford went with FP, but I wish they didn’t. For me it’s like SVT is imperial and that’s what I like, FP is metric just like the rest of the world, lol. I would be satisfied with any Gen Raptor and would happily drive them. I would like to fine a nice poster of all 3 generations of Raptor. I see ones of the different generations of F150’s but not Raptors. Guess I will have to make my own.
To me it was just a logo change from the SVT logo to the Ford Performance logo. The Special Vehicle Team wasn't that special and neither is Ford Performance.