Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Out of box tune (SCT, whoever)

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Factory

Votes: 69 26.8%
  • Other (name what you have)

Votes: 44 17.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdandchazz

Reaction score
There are so many opinions on programmers. I have elected to go with a 5 star tune. Rough cold air intake along with cooks long tube headers and Y pipe. Not sure how much it will help. Install not complete. Looking for ideas for power. Due to a 2 leveling kit and 35. Truck kinda lost some power. Thanks.

Bruce722

Reaction score
What am I missing here? Last I heard, Mike and his 5-Star tuner was the gold standard around here. Now, it sounds like anything is better than that tuner.

I've been happily driving-away the past 80,000 miles on the 5-Star, thinking life was great. Did a truck blow-up of something similar that I'm not aware of?

I have seen information on the SVC tuner that is interesting, is that is THE tuner to install these days?

What happened to 5-Star?

Reading through this thread, I was wondering the same thing, lol.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Has anyone used the Livewire Tuner? What were your thoughts?

Rangerbj

Reaction score
Five Star

I just installed a 5Star tune into my 2014 Raptor and did not notice a difference in performance. I went thru all the steps and even watched the youtube videos. It down loaded stock and up loaded new 5 Star just as directed.
Per other comments, I should have noticed some kind of boost.
What did I do wrong?

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a five star tune about a month ago on my 2010 scab. The 91 performance is amazing. Night and day difference. You should definitely notice a difference in throttle response and transmission

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rangerbj

Reaction score
Chris at 5 Star has been texting me with some ideas to fix it. Tomorrow I hope to have it figured out.

Rangerbj

Reaction score
Chris called immediately with the fix.
The truck responds quicker and is getting a lot better gas mileage!!!!
Thanks to Chris at 5 Star

notnks

Reaction score
Rangerbj- What is a lot better?
I only get almost 11 on a good day! Not to mention the throttle response is awful too. I've been debating on a tuner or just selling it.