What oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some/most of us are starting to get their Gen3's delivered I figured I'd start a thread just to see what all oil brands/filters etc you plan on running. I've always been a Ford OEM guy being at the dealership etc, and haven't seen any major issues with motorcraft being used. Just curious what all you guys have used, plan on using, and any stories you have good/bad and such to stay away from. I personally was looking into Mobil 1 Full synth or their truck specific blend or maybe amsoil. Curious to see what you all have had good luck with based on driving habits etc. Post up!!!!

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t hesitate to use Mobil 1 or Royal Purple (not the zinc fortified stuff) either. Filters, I’ll probably stick with Motorcraft.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if Ford starts requiring GF-6B oils, i.e. 0W-16, 0W-12, 0W-8) for the EB engines soon.

ScrumHooker

Reaction score
As some/most of us are starting to get their Gen3's delivered I figured I'd start a thread just to see what all oil brands/filters etc you plan on running. I've always been a Ford OEM guy being at the dealership etc, and haven't seen any major issues with motorcraft being used. Just curious what all you guys have used, plan on using, and any stories you have good/bad and such to stay away from. I personally was looking into Mobil 1 Full synth or their truck specific blend or maybe amsoil. Curious to see what you all have had good luck with based on driving habits etc. Post up!!!!
Hey man quick question for you: If I do the oil change myself, will a dealer or mechanic still reset the oil change notification for me, or is that even needed with the ford intelligent oil-life monitor? Not meaning to derail your thread, but this seemed a good time to ask. Thanks for any info you (or anyone else) has!

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey man quick question for you: If I do the oil change myself, will a dealer or mechanic still reset the oil change notification for me, or is that even needed with the ford intelligent oil-life monitor? Not meaning to derail your thread, but this seemed a good time to ask. Thanks for any info you (or anyone else) has!
On the gen 2, you can reset the oil life monitor and I would imagine gen 3 is the same.