Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

6.2 What muffler with no cats and stock headers?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]' started by ThomasP7, Sep 17, 2020.

Stainless Works
  1. B E N

B E N Full Access Member

How did this end up working out?

2. Gary E

Gary E Full Access Member

Videos without db meter readings sound almost the same. Videos can sometimes capture tone differences, but not much in the way of volume or loudness, especially if height and distances of the camera aren't the same.

This what I did to the exhaust system:

There are two threads. They include db meter readings and video. The second thread here has a link to the first build thread.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/stainless-works-lightning-exit-sound-test.60248/

I am currently running 24" Magnaflows. I have since added a Helmholz Resonator pipe.

All this is mainly for the benefit of others than the OP, as I had previously posted this to one of his many threads on the subject.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  3. PorterW1111

PorterW1111 Full Access Member

Check out the bbk varitune I have one on my truck. It has a great sound, low drone, and the best part is it’s adjustable so for those longer road trips you can close it up. Not traditionally for a raptor 6.2 but talking with the guys at brothers they run these on high hp 5.0l so air volume flow should not be a concern

https://www.bbkperformance.com/2-1-2-varitune-adjustable-muffler-double-offset-stainless.html

Also may be too late as far as what you currently have but the factory y has a 3.5” collector I found that by running 3.5” pipe you get a very different sound from the 6.2 this is my exhaust setup. With the straight pipe in. (I have the varitune “hotswapable” with a straight/bypass using v band clamps so I can adjust whenever I want)

SVTWillis likes this.
  4. SVTWillis

SVTWillis Full Access Member

That side exit exhaust looks sick. Sounds great also.

5. ThomasP7

ThomasP7 Member

I have decided to go with the quieter Dynomax muffler Ben suggested. I’m just now getting around to picking it up from my local Summit Racing. I will be running it with a Y pipe to dual 5” tips. I will post results when it’s installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. PorterW1111

what size pipe are you thinking? And length of the tip?
    5” tips seems a bit excessive. If possible I’d suggest swing by the parts store and hold up a 5” tip I think the proportions are going to be off.

7. ThomasP7

ThomasP7 Member

There are 5” tips already on it. Out both corners but angled down slightly. Looks pretty clean in my opinion. You can only see about half of the actual tip

8. PorterW1111

Oh.. I was just picturing some Honda Civic with 5” resonators sticking out 3” past the bumper lol

What ever happen to the exhaust flame kits you could buy lol

9. ThomasP7

ThomasP7 Member

No sir, no Honda Civic funny business going on here

10. PorterW1111

Lol ok well apologies! Get some pics/videos up when you get done otherwise I will have to assume you are like 911 and have 5” tips on yourself Prius civic haha