What materials are on the dash and door panels? Feels like painted foam pad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was just trying to figure out what it is to be able to take care of it. My new truck did not come with a owners manual and I am not going threw that stupid screen for it.
Prolly should have led out with that info. Open below link, see post #13. Just FYI, there's a Gen 3 section where folks discuss various sections of the truck...Engine, Interior, Exterior, Audio, etc.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it all started with the coveted Corinthian! I chose to get a 440 Plymouth Fury instead, with the custom hides from a Nauga.
Corinthian is a horse, no? You bought a Pymouth instead of jumping a horse? I'm calling bullšhit on that. What I really want to know is what kind of ladder or step stool works the best. :)

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Corinthian is a horse, no? You bought a Pymouth instead of jumping a horse? I'm calling bullšhit on that. What I really want to know is what kind of ladder or step stool works the best. :)

Corinthian leather, Ricardo was my hero!!​

x-78_Chrysler_New_Yorker_Brougham_%285892997086%29.jpg

Interior photo of a 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham, showing the "Corinthian leather" interior
Corinthian leather is a term coined by the advertising agency Bozell in 1974[1] to describe the leather upholstery used in certain Chrysler luxury vehicles. Although merely a marketing concept, it suggested a premium product, "something rich in quality, rare, and luxurious".[2] In reality, it was the same leather used in most Chryslers, produced by the Radel Leather Manufacturing Company in Newark, New Jersey.[2][3]
While the term was first used during the marketing campaign for the top-of-the-line 1974 Imperial LeBaron, it is usually associated with the introduction of the 1975 Cordoba, an intermediate-sized personal luxury car. The model's celebrity spokesperson, Ricardo Montalbán, is credited with indelibly linking the two.[2] In promoting the Cordoba he described the thickly-cushioned luxury of seats "available even in fine[4] (alternately, "soft"[5] or "rich"[6]) Corinthian leather".[7][8] Later, in promoting the Chrysler New Yorker in 1988, he again referred to the leather as "rich".[2]

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Corinthian leather!​

View attachment 393238

Interior photo of a 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham, showing the "Corinthian leather" interior
Corinthian leather is a term coined by the advertising agency Bozell in 1974[1] to describe the leather upholstery used in certain Chrysler luxury vehicles. Although merely a marketing concept, it suggested a premium product, "something rich in quality, rare, and luxurious".[2] In reality, it was the same leather used in most Chryslers, produced by the Radel Leather Manufacturing Company in Newark, New Jersey.[2][3]
While the term was first used during the marketing campaign for the top-of-the-line 1974 Imperial LeBaron, it is usually associated with the introduction of the 1975 Cordoba, an intermediate-sized personal luxury car. The model's celebrity spokesperson, Ricardo Montalbán, is credited with indelibly linking the two.[2] In promoting the Cordoba he described the thickly-cushioned luxury of seats "available even in fine[4] (alternately, "soft"[5] or "rich"[6]) Corinthian leather".[7][8] Later, in promoting the Chrysler New Yorker in 1988, he again referred to the leather as "rich".[2]
Well shit. I was quite enjoying my mental picture of you doing a race horse. I guess I'll have to come up with something equivalent. :)