what make 37 on gen2 horrible but no issue on gen3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfw186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So these two videos just make me wonder, why 37 on gen3 seems less issue than on gen2:
is it purely because gen3 (35 package) has a larger wheel well and better clearance? I'd love to know what are your thoughts
video1- issues on gen2:

video2- no issues on gen3:

Last edited:
OP
OP
dfw186

dfw186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Gen 3 trucks have fender clearance similar to a Gen 2 with the typical fender mod, you don’t need to do much at all to fit a 37 on a Gen 3.
then just curious what was going wrong in the video1? According to him, 37 rubs a lot on his gen2..

OP
OP
dfw186

dfw186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen that video in years but I think he was trying to fit a 13.5” wide tire on a 0 offset wheel.
not sure about 13.5 but 0 offset yes. Compared to video2 which seems to be 12.5'' BFG on a +6 offset. makes sense.

4x4ready

Reaction score
The Gen 3 trucks have fender clearance similar to a Gen 2 with the typical fender mod, you don’t need to do much at all to fit a 37 on a Gen 3.

Using stock wheels I fit 37s on my stock raptor without 37 package. Offset was 34mm on OEM Beadlocks. I think that same wheel/tire combo on gen2 would rub. To me there’s a huge difference between gen2/gen3 chassis

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Using stock wheels I fit 37s on my stock raptor without 37 package. Offset was 34mm on OEM Beadlocks. I think that same wheel/tire combo on gen2 would rub. To me there’s a huge difference between gen2/gen3 chassis
A 37 ko2 on a stock wheel on a Gen 2 with the fender mod fits, the Gen 3 mostly just has a lot more fender clearance.

4x4ready

Reaction score

I mounted 37s on my stock bead locks and didnt rub at all full articulated. The 37 pkg doesn’t have issues and the only difference I can find is in the spare tire location. This is with stock offset, so there must be a pretty big difference between gen2 / gen3 fenders

Last edited: