GEN 1 What LED bars are in your lower grill opening?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One day I'll swap it for an Onx6

Let us know if we can help go over the various OnX6 models with you!

Glad this came up. I have been looking into adding some lights to my rig. I was looking at the Rigid Radiance pods with the amber background. My question is are they bright enough and do u need 2 switches one for the back light and another for the fog lights themselves. I’m looking at the pods and the 20in bar.

The Radiance Series is an entry level light from Rigid. Each Radiance Pod emits 900 lumens in a "broad spot" beam pattern. The 20" Radiance Bar emits 7,128 lumens again in a "broad spot" beam pattern.

You don't need to run separate switches for the backlight and the main lights. The backlights can easily be tapped into your side marker LEDs or grille lights to turn on automatically when those lights are on. So you could run the fog light pods on one switch and the 20" light on a separate switch and still have 2 Aux switches leftover.

Let me know if we can help put a package together for you!

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

Reaction score
Yea, I'd love to have that exact light, but damn, $1000 bucks for a light!!! How was the install? Any cutting or modifying? Any close up pics?

I have the 20” Baja Designs ONX6 Hi Power in mine. It has a whopping 23,300 lumens. Turns night into day literally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I'd love to have that exact light, but damn, $1000 bucks for a light!!! How was the install? Any cutting or modifying? Any close up pics?

That's where I am at. $300-$400 I would spend on a light I use a few times a year, but I'm not dropping $1000

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score

I used the Baja mount and it only required cutting the plastic on both sides but nothing that can be seen without close inspection. I ended up scoring the light for 600 in the classifieds here. Install getting it situated was not hard but tight. Cut my hand on the bumper.

cd1f7fa1375da499a8b119f7b000a1fd.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

We have a few more options that we could offer you. What’s your budget for this setup?

That's where I am at. $300-$400 I would spend on a light I use a few times a year, but I'm not dropping $1000

The Rigid Radiance, Rigid SR-Series Pro, and Baja Designs S8 are a bit closer to your price range. If you’d like to go that route and explore options, let me know!

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 20” Baja Designs ONX6 Hi Power in mine. It has a whopping 23,300 lumens. Turns night into day literally.

Night shots please. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

Reaction score
I used the Baja mount and it only required cutting the plastic on both sides but nothing that can be seen without close inspection. I ended up scoring the light for 600 in the classifieds here. Install getting it situated was not hard but tight. Cut my hand on the bumper.

cd1f7fa1375da499a8b119f7b000a1fd.jpg

I may just have to save up. That light is legit!

knuckle46

Reaction score
I am installing light bars and seem to have radio static while engine is running but not with engine off. Are there filters for this? I am using the aux power switches.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am installing light bars and seem to have radio static while engine is running but not with engine off. Are there filters for this? I am using the aux power switches.

Make sure that your ground wire is solid and secure. That’s usually the cause of radio static.

If that doesn’t work, there are static filters on the market. Your best bet for those would be from Amazon.