What is your buffer of choice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Dewalt and a Milwaukee fuel cordless. The dewalt has been great without a single issue minus replacing the brushes in it. The Milwaukee lasted about 2 years and now just sitting on the bench useless. The dewalt has been used on 100s of cars and trucks over the years (im a detailer)

Attachments

• 0614C409-A389-452A-87EE-B8F4BDAF06A7.jpeg
    0614C409-A389-452A-87EE-B8F4BDAF06A7.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 14

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
While there are many types of polishers available from different manufacturers, our line of long-throw, dual-action machines have the advantage of being more efficient, are more comfortable to use for long periods of time, and result in a better final product, without being too expensive to own one or two.

Having a primary, larger polisher and a smaller, secondary polisher is going to make it possible to polish all the different areas on your truck.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using the Torqx polisher for almost five years and it has held up well. I started out using a lot of Chemical Guys brand detailing products, so I went with their basic model. Probably ready to add to the line-up with an upgrade, but for a basic random orbital polisher, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. You can pick one up for $129.

Valor1655

Reaction score
I'm with RotorOver as well, use a lot of Chemical Guys products and have the TORQ10FX polisher. Its been good to me for a while now and would recommend, especially with the different cutting types of cutting pads.

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still use my porter cable but I’d really love to step up to one of the newer more advanced units for detailing. I think mine is dying as it is and I’m afraid to go full rotary
I haven’t found a need to go with a rotary. The Rupes and assorted pads and polishes I use have handled everything.

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Rupes is the smoothest and the easiest on your wrists.
I do a better job with it as a result.
An orbital can tackle most jobs, but does have a limit.
I can't get much done on old Mercedes paint, even with a micro fiber pad and Menzerna.