what is this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taitanium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can anybody identify this iron plate? It is on the top of the frame rail only on the drivers side, behind rear wheel and rear bumper. Appears to be mounted to top of frame rail by two tubes but it is loose and just rattles around. Hard to believe its ballast for anything, doesn't meet bottom of bed???IMG_1037.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1038.jpeg
    IMG_1038.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 5

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
can anybody identify this iron plate? It is on the top of the frame rail only on the drivers side, behind rear wheel and rear bumper. Appears to be mounted to top of frame rail by two tubes but it is loose and just rattles around. Hard to believe its ballast for anything, doesn't meet bottom of bed???View attachment 320246
It's Called a "Vibration Dampener"
It is supposed to be free moving, but some times the rubber plugs that are pressed into the weight do disintegrate.

Some have removed it only to find out their side view mirrors shake and some haven't had a problem.

More info:

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well damn! I'm gonna look under my bed tomorrow and see if I still have that. Don't recall ever seeing it before.