What is the OEM LED Headlight Lifespan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The OEM LED Headlights are pretty horrible. Compared to halogens, they do have more light, but it's not that much at all. SO when it rains, you really can't see. It's why a LOT of folks upgrade to the Morimotos.

Ironically I've yet to upgrade the headlights on our demo truck yet. Just have not had the time. It's on the list to do though. It needs to be done actually because it's rough driving in the rain. I do run some Baja Designs fog which help a little but still... I need that light to go down range.

Bob Blessing

Reaction score
The OEM LED Headlights are pretty horrible. Compared to halogens, they do have more light, but it's not that much at all. SO when it rains, you really can't see. It's why a LOT of folks upgrade to the Morimotos.

Ironically I've yet to upgrade the headlights on our demo truck yet. Just have not had the time. It's on the list to do though. It needs to be done actually because it's rough driving in the rain. I do run some Baja Designs fog which help a little but still... I need that light to go down range.

Bob Blessing

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the Headlights. I was wondering which upgrade might be better than my 2017 Stock ones.

I also have 2019 Expedition Limited and those headlights blow my Raptor away.

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Morimoto headlights are the better backup plan vs buying OEM replacements. That said, I expect LED lights to last the life of the truck. LEDs do not build up much heat and in electronics, heat is what reduces life span.