What is the difference between a Turbo Inlet tubes and and Downpipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air flows through the turbos in the following manner. Please understand this is excluding the hot side charged air coming out of the turbo, I'm purely talking about intake to exhaust of the turbocharger only. There is much more to this system when you start to discuss the hot side charge pipes, intercooler, cold side charge pipes, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, etc.

Cold Air Intake > Boost Tubes > Turbos > Turbo Adapters > Catted Downpipes > Resonator > Muffler > Tailpipes

In short, boost tubes are in front of the turbos and downpipes are on the backside of the turbos.

That said, being that you're in California...there is not current a CARB approved boost tube for your truck. COBB's turbo inlet tubes are in process of obtaining their EO.
I was just going to ask that questions that you just answered. Thanks!

slow_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice a bunch of difference with my AMS inlet tubes and my tune to be honest. I think the improvement came from a bit more of timing and boost and not from the actual tubes.