what is the best all purpuse tire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@The Macf here you go...the truck is in a garage getting some work done and the full frontal shot was too dark, so I had my guy take one of each side for you and as soon as the work is done we'll roll it out and take the full frontal.

Attachments

• IMG_7978.jpeg
    IMG_7978.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6703 2.jpeg
    IMG_6703 2.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 66

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@The Macf here you go...the truck is in a garage getting some work done and the full frontal shot was too dark, so I had my guy take one of each side for you and as soon as the work is done we'll roll it out and take the full frontal.

Perfect. Thank you.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 57050View attachment 57051

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Do these Hankooks carry the Snowflake/Alpine symbol? I keep reading conflicting reports on different forums when trying to search and Hankooks site is a joke, thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

I've been running the Goodyear Durratracs for over 1000 miles now and like them. They are slightly louder than stock BFGs, but are more aggressive and most importantly, snowflake'd. I stuck them on 2011 stock wheels and they look great. You can stud them, but I've opted to not. We've ran them for 2 years all season on our shop loaner SUV and they still look new. I'm hoping for the same experience on the Raptor. Pay close attention to the air pressure. Make sure you're not under/over inflated and avoid wear issues.

So far so good. I like them. In looking forward to more winter driving to really test them. Off road, I wouldn't hesitate to take them down any trail, dirt, mud or otherwise.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Photo of 2011 SVT wheels, new Durratrac, '13 raptor

89197ff371d611e04e66f02d06866462.jpg

I have 18" Duratracs...33s...on my 2010 Titan Pro-4x and I love them for the winter/Mud/dirt...but...they are E rated...and I am desperately trying to find a Winter season tire that's Snowflake Rated like the Duratracs, but in a D rating like our OEM BFGs...

How has the ride been as far as cornering, when on road, and hitting pavement bumps/pot holes as far as bouncing around...b/c the OEM BFGs really shine here w/the Raptor's suspension set up.

Thanks.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do these Hankooks carry the Snowflake/Alpine symbol? I keep reading conflicting reports on different forums when trying to search and Hankooks site is a joke, thanks.

Unfortunately, they do not have the snowflake symbol. They are M+S rated, however. For what it's worth, there are many good reviews about the Hankooks in snow, ice, and wet. And I fully agree their website is just awful. It doesn't seem like they spend much money (if any at all) on marketing.

As a side note, the set I received have 7 ply tread with 3 ply sidewalls. I wasn't able to find this information anywhere online. Other sizes may come with 2 ply sidewalls, so I am very happy to have received the 3 ply.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, they do not have the snowflake symbol. They are M+S rated, however. For what it's worth, there are many good reviews about the Hankooks in snow, ice, and wet. And I fully agree their website is just awful. It doesn't seem like they spend much money (if any at all) on marketing.

As a side note, the set I received have 7 ply tread with 3 ply sidewalls. I wasn't able to find this information anywhere online. Other sizes may come with 2 ply sidewalls, so I am very happy to have received the 3 ply.

Thanks man. And these are D rated right?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've put almost 2k mi on the Duratracs and they have been great. I'm honestly not sure about this D vs E rating stuff. I take freeway ramps as fast as possible, often 60+mph and jump her every day pulling into my drive way. It has a nice whoop-d-do that the girls love and they yell at me to jump it. Lol I'll be monitoring the tread wear and rotating every 5k mi. IMHO the ride is fantastic. Maybe slightly softer than stock, but in a good way. I turn them hard without roll and they don't bounce any more /less than stock. They may be slightly louder, but don't drone and haven't been noticeable by anyone but me. Besides they look mean and I like that.

I specifically wanted snowflake'd because if there is a traction device required statement issued and you're on these, you're good to go. Otherwise, prepare to chain up or not at the risk of a ticket and likely an order to turn back. I go up a mountain here for skiing and snowshoeing with my family. I hate putting on chains and don't want a ticket aside from the drama. I'm not entirely clear why one would buy a snow tire that isn't snowflake'd. Unless you're looking for an all-season and not a dedicated, what are you gaining? As you can see, I opted for raptor wheels, albeit from an older raptor instead of running the beadlocks in the winter mess. They were also cheaper than a 3rd party set and look pretty good if I say so myself.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you're correct. If you're interested in ordering a set, here's the cheapest place I have found 4 New LT315 70 17 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 70R R17 Tires LR D | eBay

I had no tax and free shipping... Really hard to beat that. If you can wait, I will have them mounted either this Friday or next Monday and I'd be more than happy to take photos if you'd like.

I never get the email notifications that threads or comments are replied to from this site so sorry for the delay in replying, but yes, I can wait...and yes, that would be super appreciated. I am really after a D rated tire for my stock wheels and winter riding...

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Yes you're correct. If you're interested in ordering a set, here's the cheapest place I have found 4 New LT315 70 17 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 70R R17 Tires LR D | eBay

I had no tax and free shipping... Really hard to beat that. If you can wait, I will have them mounted either this Friday or next Monday and I'd be more than happy to take photos if you'd like.

I've put almost 2k mi on the Duratracs and they have been great. I'm honestly not sure about this D vs E rating stuff. I take freeway ramps as fast as possible, often 60+mph and jump her every day pulling into my drive way. It has a nice whoop-d-do that the girls love and they yell at me to jump it. Lol I'll be monitoring the tread wear and rotating every 5k mi. IMHO the ride is fantastic. Maybe slightly softer than stock, but in a good way. I turn them hard without roll and they don't bounce any more /less than stock. They may be slightly louder, but don't drone and haven't been noticeable by anyone but me. Besides they look mean and I like that.

I specifically wanted snowflake'd because if there is a traction device required statement issued and you're on these, you're good to go. Otherwise, prepare to chain up or not at the risk of a ticket and likely an order to turn back. I go up a mountain here for skiing and snowshoeing with my family. I hate putting on chains and don't want a ticket aside from the drama. I'm not entirely clear why one would buy a snow tire that isn't snowflake'd. Unless you're looking for an all-season and not a dedicated, what are you gaining? As you can see, I opted for raptor wheels, albeit from an older raptor instead of running the beadlocks in the winter mess. They were also cheaper than a 3rd party set and look pretty good if I say so myself.

I have the Duratracs....almost 4 years now on my 2010 Titan Pro4x that stays at my place in NH...and they roll on 18" wheels and they are E rated, but I don't really notice it b/c the Titan is NO Raptor...I can tell you I LOVE that they are quiet on the highway compared to the Cooper STT Mud Tires I run for the rest of the year on the Titan, but...I have the Cooper ST Maxx AT tires...E rated...but on 20" wheels on my Raptor now and the ONLY think I do NOT love about them is the fact that going around a corner if you hit a bump or pot hole the Raptor WILL bounce out a little...whereas w/the stock BFGs...and yes, they have the advantage of the 17" extra sidewall...will not even move...I mean you can steer with one finger...

But if you are finding that to be the case with the Duratracs...and you are running stock wheels...that's good news...maybe the E rating (which will help with flat cornering b/c of the stiffer ply sidewall) is offset by the extra sidewall from the 17" wheels vs. the 20's.

Keep us posted. :) Glad you love em.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never get the email notifications that threads or comments are replied to from this site so sorry for the delay in replying, but yes, I can wait...and yes, that would be super appreciated. I am really after a D rated tire for my stock wheels and winter riding...

Okay, so got these installed today. Only 20 miles on them so far... Very quiet ride. Almost silent up to 65 mph and very slight road noise at 70 mph (my usual hwy cruising speed). Going to get some rain this Sunday so I will give them a good drive then.

Attachments

• IMAG1833.jpg
    IMAG1833.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG1834.jpg
    IMAG1834.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMAG1836.jpg
    IMAG1836.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG1837.jpg
    IMAG1837.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMAG1838.jpg
    IMAG1838.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMAG1839.jpg
    IMAG1839.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 74

Nordic Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Humvee21

I like your towing mirrors. Was that a tough mod? I have been thinking of changing mine out as well.

I would like to change out my tires for winter. Was looking at something else besides Duratracs.

Last edited: