What is Forscan and How Do I Use It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docskeet1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the same quandary as the OP. I appreciate the links, but a 110 page thread would take way more time than I’d ever have to digest.

I bought the obd connector, downloaded the latest version of forscan, joined the forum, and never received the admin approval. I emailed them and got no reply. That’s about 2 weeks ago, and yes I checked my spam folder.

So, I’ve been reluctant to even hook it up cause I’m told I need a license. I want the basic not extended version.

Must I wait for that seemingly never arriving admin approval? Ty
I joined the forscan forum about one week ago and received administrative approval in about 24 hours. Sounds like something’s not right.

mcgleevn

Reaction score
Signed up and approved within an hour... just followed instructions to get the program up and running >>> also ordered the suggested OBDII port with HS/MS switch. Hint: search "Forscan tutorial livinitup" - this dude made it real simple.

So I've setup Lincoln-style mirror autofold, DRL is now parking lights only, and my cluster now shows engine and transmission temp... Simple enough and works great - may go for more mods but really just wanted to try it out... Also noted the benefit of now having a code scanner.

My initial hesitation was settled after I verified with some Ford techs that as long as I put default values back into the "modified" modules, Ford wouldn't be able to tell I had changed anything (if I try and use warranty for failed components).

Gary Wren

Reaction score
So I did some Forscan changes, mirrors, shifter lock out and the read out for the gauges. But now for the fuel, before on a full tank it read about 432 mi to empty. I noticed it went up right after I did the code change, but today I filled up and it said 574 mi to empty. Don't think I will get that many with me averaging 12.5 and its a 36 gal tank. Its a 2019 Raptor with about 1100 miles on it so still new.
Why would the to empty change? I did this change:
Engine temp & Transmission temp shows above gauges (8" Clusters only)
IPC 720-07-01 xxxx xE5x xxxx ** use this if you have trailer brake controller and turbos **

thanks

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
DTE is a best guess based on recent driving. unless you did something with the tire size or calculations in FORSCAN, it’s likely unrelated that you’re seeing more distance to empty.

Gary Wren

Reaction score
DTE is a best guess based on recent driving. unless you did something with the tire size or calculations in FORSCAN, it’s likely unrelated that you’re seeing more distance to empty.
I get its an estimate, but doesn't seem like it should jump ~150 miles. Didn't change anything with the tire sizes. I guess I'll wait it out and see if it corrects itself.

Cobraman044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my cluster now shows engine and transmission temp... Simple enough and works great - .

For the life of me I cannot find how to change the top right gauge from Boost to Trans Temp. Is that what you are referring to here? I know on a normal F150 it is in the menu, But that option does not exist (that I can find) on the 19 Raptor.
I made the ForScan change for the temp and I see the temp of coolant. I know the option exist to display the gauges in the middle of the screen, but that is not what I am looking for.

stolleee

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out if you can enable your two buttons on the side of the shifter (in a 2019) to switch between modes like normal, sport, etc... would be helpful for on the fly changes instead of gear up and gear down as programmed by Ford.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What does this option do?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Enables navigation to allow address to be typed in while in motion, normally has to be in park. I’ve made this forscan change and it’s very convenient