What is everyone doing with excess wire from aux lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RapidRedGEN2DFW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have three sets of Diode Dynamics fogs and one set of Diode Dynamics spot lights on the a-pillars and I didn't end up with much if any of the harnesses left. I used the Diode Dynamics Deutsch harnesses made for the Raptor. I'd either cut and splice out the extra or zip tie and hide the left-overs to the back side of the battery box.

Teraflx

Reaction score
Agreed with the others. If you don’t have a heat gun and some heat shrink connectors snag some locally or on Amazon and cut all that down.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut, quality butt connector, heat shrink the individual wires a bit staggered, then heat shrink the two together. Loom tape is great stuff on top of that.

Tug on your connection after you make it and test the lights before heat shrinking - not the end of the world to cut it off and start again, but you know, make the mistakes (I mean learnings), then button it up.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Once you cut to fit, make new connections, tidy everything up, save the leftover wire. Next Black Friday rolls around and you pick up more lights, you have leftover wiring for just in case scenarios. Next, when you just pick up the lights, you already have enough spare to complete the wiring. Nothing gets wasted :)

I’m on my 3rd or 4th Black Friday deals with Raptor purchases and have 2.5 harnesses in the box now. This will be great for my RMAX lights :)