What Intercooler to Buy??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend the ADD kit. My truck is overheating after the install and they don't care one bit about it. "They are not a mechanic shop, just a bumper shop" Truck is brand new.

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently, the COBB intercooler is the largest option on the market and has been one of our most popular.

Nick, have you heard any issues with the adaptive cruise control system after COBB intercooler install? It’s one of my favorite features on my truck and honestly it’s been the only thing holding me back from going with a bigger intercooler. Saw a number of posts where guys were having failures after installing another competitors IC and relocation kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nick, have you heard any issues with the adaptive cruise control system after COBB intercooler install? It’s one of my favorite features on my truck and honestly it’s been the only thing holding me back from going with a bigger intercooler. Saw a number of posts where guys were having failures after installing another competitors IC and relocation kit.

We've had one customer who had an issue with his. He ended up fabbing up another bracket that he thought would work better and was able to get it corrected.

Any of our other customers with the "other" ACC mount were able to alleviate their issues after having the dealer do a recalibration. But that was has been very rare.

dubya_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had one customer who had an issue with his. He ended up fabbing up another bracket that he thought would work better and was able to get it corrected.

Any of our other customers with the "other" ACC mount were able to alleviate their issues after having the dealer do a recalibration. But that was has been very rare.

I was unaware I could recalibrate the ACC at the dealership. That's good news. Mine has been acting up some after I went with a FMIC. Especially the collision warning. Thanks Nick

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was unaware I could recalibrate the ACC at the dealership. That's good news. Mine has been acting up some after I went with a FMIC. Especially the collision warning. Thanks Nick

You're welcome. Hope that works out for you.

There is also a recalibration method that can be used through ForScan. However, we have no personal experience with it.

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed svc intercooler and relocation my sensor, tried Forscan, dealer calibration for 2 days, both are not working. Then i have to ask dealer to disable this feature to clear the error msg
74e1c682a6f977a0a40257f2a54c0154.jpg