What Intercooler to Buy??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxxed Out

Reaction score
Yep, plenty of people have. I’ve had stage 2+ installed for almost a month. If you’re on the fence about it, just do it.

Ha that’s what I wanted to hear!

Did you do a Full stage 2? Downpipes etc? What do you have for an exhaust? Pro tune?

Appreciate any feedback.

texasflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha that’s what I wanted to hear!

Did you do a Full stage 2? Downpipes etc? What do you have for an exhaust? Pro tune?

Appreciate any feedback.

Yes. Cobb CAI, FMIC, DP and AP. Stock exhaust. Working on getting an e-tune. I don’t have any dyno numbers, but I can tell you it’s a completely different truck.

1badjk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have also installed Cobb OTS stage 2 tune with Cobb CAI and Cobb FMIC. Totally different truck and I love it, it’s fun to drive in all conditions, even sitting at a red light cause it looks so damn good! Haha

Maxxed Out

Reaction score
I have also installed Cobb OTS stage 2 tune with Cobb CAI and Cobb FMIC. Totally different truck and I love it, it’s fun to drive in all conditions, even sitting at a red light cause it looks so damn good! Haha

Thx. Seems like a winning combo.

Do you have the COBB down pipes? Stock exhaust?

Need to find someone closer to RI to take me for test ride!

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the Wagner Intercooler.

In the 2019 you can see the intake temperatures (at the intake and at the manifold) on the cluster, and display them together in the gauge view:

Cruising at 120kmh (75mph):
Intake: 7°C (45 °F), Manifold 15°C (59 °F)

WOT (few times 120-160kmh = 75-100mph):
Intake: 7°C (45 °F), Manifold 25°C (75 °F)

The manifold air temperature goes up and then remains steady.

I also did a run for about 30km (17mls) at about 180kmh (112mph), the manifold air temperature initially goes up (at WOT), then settles at just under 20°C (68 °F).

And yes, there is no speed limiter anymore (5star software). I did one acceleration to about 200kmh (125mph), that was enough for on ***** highway with such a big truck (and with 180kmh rated tires).

For now I am wondering what the situation will be when the outside temperature rises / with warmer weather.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thx. Seems like a winning combo.

Do you have the COBB down pipes? Stock exhaust?

Need to find someone closer to RI to take me for test ride!

Yo I'm in southern MA so if you find a candidate let me know!!

I'm coming from V8 only mentality.....so personally, unless I'm going to gain some significant HP from messing w/ exhaust (I assume would get a bump w/ downpipes) - I personally want to leave it alone other than maybe replacing the tips w/ something more durable/better looking. Exhaust sounds like dog shit, anything that makes it louder will make it sound like bigger piles of dog doo - if anything I'd add a muffler or resonator to make it even QUIETER!! lol