What Intercooler to Buy??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Kyle@COBB

No cutting on the inter cooler as in you get to keep the active shutters in the grill? Do you still have to trim the grill?

The grille will require some trimming on the back side. The grille shutters will need to be removed.

I mean more along the lines of a high quality core with nice offset fins for proper cooling and such? I had a ebay front mount of my 1000hp Volvo and ended up getting a custom made Bell cooler and the quality is amazing and made a big difference. Just wondering about your core and if you have any close up shots of it and the fins and stuff? Thanks

We'll have more close up shots when the FMIC is released!

Kyle@COBB

royCfus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Full Race requires some slight trimming on the grill correct? I wonder if this is true with the Cobb FMIC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, not much space to play with when the factory shutter system is installed. The Full Race FMIC requires trimming of the black plastic on the rear of the grill. I can't see any FMIC being installed without making that alteration

Last edited:

Ccutright

Reaction score
Will the Cobb FMIC be compatible with the MPT tune that I have already or will that tune need to be dropped and replaced by the Stage 2 Cobb tune when that is released?

Alligator

Reaction score
View attachment 117732

This isn't too far out.

It will be compatible with COBB Off The Shelf maps, is a direct bolt-on that requires no cutting, and works with stock or aftermarket bumpers. You'll also have a choice between black or silver finishes!

EDIT: The back side of the grill section does indeed require some trimming. Sorry for the confusion! The grille shutters will also need to be removed.

Kyle@COBB

Kyle will this FMIC be equal to the competition in size I’m waiting

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Will the Cobb FMIC be compatible with the MPT tune that I have already or will that tune need to be dropped and replaced by the Stage 2 Cobb tune when that is released?

The truck will run with the same tune but to get the gains the FMIC offers, you'll need to tune for it.

Kyle will this FMIC be equal to the competition in size I’m waiting

I haven't measured any other cores so I'm not sure. It's about the most core you can fit though!

Kyle@COBB

texasflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Maxxed Out

Reaction score

Anyone install a full stage 2 kit yet? Curious to see some feedback and results.