What Intercooler to Buy??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you really need one? I have spoken to a few shops and they say there is no signiicant gain unless you are trashing it in the dessert. Even then the gain is in consistant power ,

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I get on a pre-order list to secure one from the first batch??? :cheers:

IMG_7468.jpg

The first batch is already out for coating and we're cueing up another batch as I type this. We are aiming to have intercoolers and supporting Stage 2 maps available in February.

Marshall@COBB

hwyman103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the FullRace intercooler and happy with it,...as mentioned before, you can’t go wrong with either one.

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the FullRace intercooler and happy with it,...as mentioned before, you can’t go wrong with either one.

The Full Race requires some slight trimming on the grill correct? I wonder if this is true with the Cobb FMIC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you really need one? I have spoken to a few shops and they say there is no signiicant gain unless you are trashing it in the dessert. Even then the gain is in consistant power ,

The stock FMIC can get heat soaked pretty quickly on most ecoboost platforms. An upgraded FMIC may be the best modification you can do.

What type of cores do you guys use at Cobb?

They're aluminum bar and plate cores.

Any dates on down pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No dates just yet! They, along with the compatible OTS maps, are in the works though!

Kyle@COBB

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kyle@COBB

No cutting on the inter cooler as in you get to keep the active shutters in the grill? Do you still have to trim the grill?

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean more along the lines of a high quality core with nice offset fins for proper cooling and such? I had a ebay front mount of my 1000hp Volvo and ended up getting a custom made Bell cooler and the quality is amazing and made a big difference. Just wondering about your core and if you have any close up shots of it and the fins and stuff? Thanks