Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

What Intercooler to Buy??

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by HDVooDoo, Jan 17, 2019.

1. HDVooDoo

HDVooDoo Member

Looking at getting an Intercooler for the 2018 Raptor but which one?
    Add Offroad
    Full Race
    SVT

Are they all basically the same? Which one is better?

Thanks for the Help in advance!

Nate4x4 likes this.
  2. royCfus

royCfus Full Access Member

I have the full race. Straight forward install and you can get it in black for a stealthy look. Dont think you would go wrong either way

Abrax01 likes this.
  3. Pacific Wheel

Pacific Wheel Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I'd say SVC or wait and see what @COBB Tuning brings to the table. They have one in the works

Booth9999, COBB Tuning and Wfo like this.
  4. COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

unnamed.jpg

This isn't too far out.

It will be compatible with COBB Off The Shelf maps, is a direct bolt-on that requires no cutting, and works with stock or aftermarket bumpers. You'll also have a choice between black or silver finishes!

EDIT: The back side of the grill section does indeed require some trimming. Sorry for the confusion! The grille shutters will also need to be removed.

[email protected]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  5. Tlh235

Tlh235 Full Access Member

This seems to be the one....would love to know if "not too far out" means a 2 months or 8 months. I'll probably wait either way though...i like the "No cutting" aspect.

6. texasflyer

texasflyer Full Access Member

This may be a dumb question, but is there more of a "heatsoak" issue using a black intercooler vs silver? I like the idea of a stealthy black IC, but not if it means sacrificing performance due to higher temps.

Todd likes this.
  7. COBB Tuning

[​IMG]

The first batch is already out for coating and we're cueing up another batch as I type this. We are aiming to have intercoolers and supporting Stage 2 maps available in February.

[email protected]

8. Tlh235

Tlh235 Full Access Member

wow....great news. Preorders? or straight "hey there are here, order now". Do you plan on doing any type of install video....i'm sure alot of us "not so mechanics" would appreciate a video(always helps in assuring folks like me that i could possible handle an install or decide that "taking to a shop")

9. HDVooDoo

HDVooDoo Member

I talked to Sylvestor yesterday at your shop about the tune and intercooler. Super nice guy and very informative. I love the fact that your just a few hours away from me in the great State of Texas. I will be on the look out for your intercooler may even drive down to pick it up.

COBB Tuning likes this.
  10. COBB Tuning

The black may get a little hotter with the bumper off in direct sunlight but I don't think you'll have a noticeable difference in power (or probably not even a measurable one) between the colors.

There will be an install guide with step by step instructions. We don't currently have any plans for a video. Once available, you'll be able to order it directly off the website. We don't typically take pre-orders. Stay tuned here for all the details to make sure you're among the first!

[email protected]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Tlh235 likes this.