GEN 2 What if I just wanted to replace the door speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DetTigers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the B&O system. Is it a worthwhile upgrade? If so, which speakers would you recommend? Should I just do the doors or do the tweeters to?

I have no interest in spending big $ on the NavTV, amp, etc.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
speakers will give a little more clarity to your system because they can reproduce the sound better, but you are limited due to the crossover points and eq curve set in the factory amp. if you plan on just replacing the speakers, no need to go higher end because you wont be able to fully maximize the sound they can reproduce.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the speakers are NOT the weak link in the B&O system. The factory amp is. When I was doing my full system upgrade, I actually ran the factory speakers with my aftermarket amp for a day, and they didnt sound bad. Handled the power fine.

If you replace the factory speakers it will be very minimal upgrade...not much impact for your buck. No matter how much you spend. The B&O amp is only like 10 watts a channel, and has a horrible DSP applied to it.

Unfortunately, with the B&O system, the price to play is you have to replace it all to make a difference. If you don't you are just wasting money.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t do it. I did the powerbass drop ins thinking I could get away with it in the bo

just spent the money for a total system rebuild

OP
OP
DetTigers

DetTigers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback fellas. That’s what I was afraid of- having to do it all. With the $600 for the NavTV adapter alone that would be a costly upgrade.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced all speakers except center with JL and that alone made a huge difference. I also added rear tweaters up high & point to the drivers ear so u could actually hear the sound.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback fellas. That’s what I was afraid of- having to do it all. With the $600 for the NavTV adapter alone that would be a costly upgrade.
if you are paying $600 for the nav tv, you are overpaying. while the sound system upgrade is expensive, you have to do it right to maximize your money spent

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

if you are paying $600 for the nav tv, you are overpaying. while the sound system upgrade is expensive, you have to do it right to maximize your money spent

Buy once, install once, cry once.

If you try to install or upgrade piece by piece you’ll end up working and spending more than doing it all at once.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I replaced all speakers except center with JL and that alone made a huge difference. I also added rear tweaters up high & point to the drivers ear so u could actually hear the sound.

sorry.....rear tweeters up high on the stock amp is just gross. like whiskey...you do you, no way that passes my ears.

rear sound stage for the loss

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A speaker only swap will most likely **** you off. It's a lot of money and very little in benefit. Once you bypass the B&O system then you are going to get great audio.