What, if any, are your regrets with your Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CruiserClass

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could do without the sunroof, never use it, and never use them on any of my cars.

I use the one on my car all the time. If not for air, then for the light. I actually looked at an aftermarket option for my current truck but ultimately figured it would be a hack job or a place to start rust.

Agree on start/stop. I had already planned to get the little button mod that sets it to 'off' by default.

Speaking of the tech, I see that many of these have lane keeping and brake assist and the like. Honestly, I'm someone who is uncomfortable with loss of control. Have those of you who have it found it intrusive?

quadmaster922

Reaction score
Options you wish you'd gotten you didn't?

Options you got but aren't worth it?

Pining for a newer model with more gizmos, nostalgic for an earlier one with more...less?

Modifications you made that didn't work out exactly as you'd hoped?

Just curious, I'm sure overall that anyone who owns one and cares enough to join the forum likes it overall but I often find the "what I wish I'd have done" equally enlightening.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the tech, I see that many of these have lane keeping and brake assist and the like. Honestly, I'm someone who is uncomfortable with loss of control. Have those of you who have it found it intrusive?
I love the lane keeping system on the Raptor. It works surprisingly well and will steer your Raptor for you, hands off for up to 30 seconds and then only a little bump of the wheel and your off again for 30 seconds. It's pretty easy to override such that even my wife would not have a problem. I think it's level of control is connected to Ford's plan to later send out Blue Cruse that was later trashed.

I had lane keeping in our 2017 Edge and about all it would do is vibrate the wheel when you drifted near the line. I also drove a 2021 F150 (FX4 I think) as a loaner. The lane keeping on that thing was pitiful.

It's not by any means 100%. It has issues with intersections when it loses sight of the strips, same goes for exit ramps...it will exit for you! But all in all, it takes some of the load off of driving and allows you to check out your surroundings a little better without fear of drifting off the road the second you look away.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could do without the sunroof, never use it, and never use them on any of my cars.

It'll never happen, but I just want the glass roof with retractable shade. I don't really need to open it up.

I am back and forth on whether I would like the tailgate applique. 50/50 on that one.

I bought mine used without one, but would definitely get it if buy another one one day. It's rather distinctive feature of a Raptor, without coming across as bragging. I bet a lot of people see my truck and think it's a fraptor.

Would LOVE to have the Gen3 auto start / stop delete that is apparently due to supply issues. Nice benefit to have it removed, and a feature that should never exist to start with.

I've never really been bothered by this feature.

I think I would have given PPF a serious consideration. Too late now. Also wish I hadn't gotten black, but it's one of those things where had I gotten a different color, quite possibly may have seriously disliked my truck color rather than just tired of black and keeping it clean.

There are things I wouldn't do again, but can't say I really regret it.

TroyyyB

Reaction score
2019 800A No Regrats! W/ Torsen & Beadlocks. I plan to keep for alongggg time so all the extra electrical upgrades (and the cost that goes along with the 801a & 802a packages) weren’t as important to me on the Raptor. I do think it’s nice though. I just planned to use the difference in cost in upgrades (lighting, Intercooler, Deavers, bump stops, tune, etc).

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2020 here. No regrets. No issues. I don’t open my sunroof often (Texas heat is no joke for passengers) but when I do I first tilt it open and assist the tilt by pushing up a little on the glass. Then I close that and open the whole thing. I came from a car with a sunroof and our other car is a Tesla so I really wanted that light coming in.

Edit: the 360 camera is amazing. Would not do without it from now on in any vehicle. My MIL parallel parked my Raptor without issue.