What, if any, are your regrets with your Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered a '20 802A with everything except the beadlocks, graphics, and sunroof. Very happy with all the options. I knew I would rarely use the sunroof and didn't want the possible rattles/leaks/issues that can come with it. Really love the Recaro seats. The only thing I did wrong was ordering the medium size co ck pocket for the driver's seat. I underestimated the size increase that comes with owning a Raptor. I should have ordered the XL co ck pocket. Live and learn.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CruiserClass

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a '20 802A with everything except the beadlocks, graphics, and sunroof. Very happy with all the options. I knew I would rarely use the sunroof and didn't want the possible rattles/leaks/issues that can come with it. Really love the Recaro seats. The only thing I did wrong was ordering the medium size co ck pocket for the driver's seat. I underestimated the size increase that comes with owning a Raptor. I should have ordered the XL co ck pocket. Live and learn.

I would think the cooled seats would make the medium sufficient.

seinfeld-jason-alexander.gif

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2011 GEN1 is the finest, most capable vehicle I have ever owned. One regret: the transfer case failed. It failed because the internal ring magnet failed, causing slippage and resultant damage. Replacement cost me a little over $1,700.

That's my sole regret, but I have criticisms:
- Ford could and should have equipped their premier off-road ground pounder with a real transmission dipstick.
- Likewise a drain plug on the rear differential.
- Likewise a drain plug on the front differential.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure most owners are regretting waiting too long for a Raptor only to find out the sport models, otherwise know as SCABs, are no longer available. RIP SCABs.
Ford flat out said only 10% of orders were for scabs. I love mine and quite frankly I wonder what I'll do when it comes time to get a new truck as there will only be 4 doors available.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And while I'm bitching (see post #45, above), would it be too much to ask the vaunted Ford Automotive Engineers for same size brake bleed nipples on the front and rear calipers? (10mm on the rear, 3/8" on the front) Just damn inexplicably weird.